Rams offense (1 Viewer)

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Granted, this game is a few weeks away, but I've watched a lot of their last 3 games so I figured I'd weigh in on an upcoming opponent. They run a LOT of stretch plays. Their offense is stretch side to side, then dive in the middle with Gurley, then stretch side to side, then dive. I think their philosophy is just to tire defensive lines out by chasing. The Broncos defense was clearly gassed in the 4th quarter. Also I've scarcely seen an offense so dependent on one player as they are Gurley. He is the one that keeps defenses honest up the middle. If he was to get hurt, I think the house of cards crashes down. But with him they're pretty tough to defend because he's probably the best RB in the league. Goff is a good QB, but when the play breaks down he folds. He's an upper-tier game manager at this point imo.

I'd like to see the Saints activate pretty much all defensive linemen (including Hendrickson) and sub frequently to keep fresh and counter. I'm also hoping the Saints depth and speed along the DL will help.

Stop Gurley and they have problems

The falcons like to run a lot of stretch plays too, no? And we handled their running game just fine.

Playing against them last year is a good reference for them, we played well despite missing starters on D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom