Random Thoughts After Eagles Game (22 Viewers)

-The good teams, who are there at the end, find ways to win games like the Saints lost on Sunday.
-Take your points. If the Saints kicked the FG instead of going for it on 4th down, and kicked they're extra point, there's no way the Eagles win. This after the Eagles Head Coach sabotaged his team's chance of winning all day by not taking points. Bad coaching all around.
-Granderson isn't the biggest, strongest or the fastest, but the dude plays harder than anyone and gets results.
-The loss of Hill is measurable in wins and losses. He is just a difference maker.
-If Shaheed doesn't make a big play, he makes no plays at all.
-Olave and Kamara were the only two offensive players to show up yesterday.
-While the defense kept the game close and battled all day long, the TE was the only weapon they needed to cover and they failed.
-The Saints need to promote Hergel and let him play center if McCoy is out for a while. Patrick is a much better guard than center. Udoh should be cut.
-Big game this week on the road. The Saints can take early command of the division with a win.
-The NFL product this year so far is largely unwatchable.

Last edited:
Where the division is concerned, my random thoughts algo something like this:

Bucs lost. We didn't lose any ground there.

The falcons lost. Always a good day when that happens.

The panthers won, but head to head, we're up on them, and their record is still below ours. (As a matter of fact, we're the only ones in the division with a win against a division opponent...)

We're still in the driver's seat where playoffs are concerned.

DA should have taken the FG when points were a premium but i still think that was a demonstrably bad spot on 4th, I do believe AK picked up the first. But that's life as a Saints fan, more often than not, we don't get the close calls.

I don't understand so many of today's coaches electing to pass up points in close games.
It wasn't hard to see we needed every point possible to win Sunday's game.

KICK THE DARN FIELD GOAL!

In the past GM's would have fired the coach for making such a bone-headed call.

Always take the points, especially in a close defensive game!

The biggest downside from my point of view is that it’s just more of the same in regards to not being able to close out close games.

3rd and 16 with literally no passing threats on the field besides their TE and you let the guy get wide open and run for 60+ yards…..

We lack the clutch gene and have for some time. You don’t win championships like that.

My cousin noticed this today and posted it on his Facebook page...

FB_IMG_1727069668025.jpg
I noticed it when it happened. Then the very next time the eagles got the ball they scored to take the lead. The script was written, they just accidentally revealed it too soon, then they showed it again and the announcers brought it up. When it came up the first time, I told my wife, "How much you wanna bet, the Eagles score the next time they get the ball?" ....and Bam, like clockwork.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom