Rankings for our 3 Players (1 Viewer)

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As you can tell, we used our 5 draft picks and 1 draft pick next year to get 3 top guys. Take into account we will get a 3rd back in the form of a comp pick, what did we really lose?

Dane Brugler had the 3 guys ranked in his top 100 at:

36. Zack Baun
39. Cesar Ruiz
56. Adam Trautman

Mike Detillier had them ranked at:

27. Zack Baun
65. Cesar Ruiz
77. Adam Trautman

Carter Donnick of TDN.com

24. Cesar Ruiz
38. Zack Baun
74. Adam Trautman

Benjamin Solak of TDN.com

33. Cesar Ruiz
39. Zack Baun
107. Adam Trautman

Joe Marino of TDN.com

20. Cesar Ruiz
34. Zack Baun
81. Adam Trautman

Mel Kiper

26. Cesar Ruiz
31. Zack Baun
52. Adam Trautman

Baun nearly a consensus late first/very early second round pick.

Nice.

Trautman late second to mid 3rd.

So you can see why we made both moves.

Wow that's a brutal rating on Ruiz by Detillier, 65??

sometimes that happens, but look, only 1 time was a guy ranked lower than 105 and all we gave up was a 3rd next year.

Wow that's a brutal rating on Ruiz by Detillier, 65??

Probably cause he liked the local LSU guy Cushenberry as his top center and the UL guy Hunt as his top guard. We all have some bias and he likely had a little towards them. I could be wrong since I don’t know his rankings, but I’m just guessing

sometimes that happens, but look, only 1 time was a guy ranked lower than 105 and all we gave up was a 3rd next year.
Looks like we'll be receiving a 3rd rd comp pick for Bridgewater next season anyway...

Great post. You can question how these players were acquired but they were great value where they were drafted relative to their rankings. Ruiz was universally recognized as the best interior O lineman in the draft. Baun was one of the top LBs and many people around here wanted him in the 1st. I've seen Trautman rated as the #1 TE by many experts.

It's clear that they wanted players who could contribute right away and help make one last run. They didn't have many glaring holes and they don't have many roster spots open. I can understand the logic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom