Rashid Shaheed Appreciation Thread (2 Viewers)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I am really loathe to start another new thread among the myriad other prolific new threads this week, but I really think we need this as Rashid's name is in the mouth of seemingly everyone currently talking about the Saints. I know he's been here 2 years and I have evoked the "need for Shaheed" refrain, but I realized I know very little about the guy.

For instance, I forgot about this (taken from his WIkipedia page): "On May 2, 2022, Shaheed signed with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent.

On August 30, Shaheed was released by the Saints, and signed to the team's practice squad the next day. October 15, he was signed to the Saints' active roster. On October 16, in his NFL debut, he had a 44-yard rushing touchdown on his first career touch. On October 20 against the Arizona Cardinals, in his second career game, he caught a 53-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Andy Dalton. The reception was his first career catch and only his second offensive touch."

So knowing so little about him and seeing how fast he's been clocked, I was curious why he had never ran track. So I looked it up. Well, he did run track a bit and both his parents have a track background and, IIRC, his dad coaches track and he's got some speed obvs so why didn't it happen? USC had even come after him apparently. But he just didn't love it. It wasn't his dream. Football was.

Here's the article I read: https://www.espn.com/blog/new-orlea...saints-wr-rashid-shaheed-running-his-own-race
So I just wanted a thread to show my love for this UDFA and give him a little hype.

I know there's a number of other Rashid threads but no "appreciation" thread per se. Maybe they need to be merged?

Last edited:
I was super excited after watching game film of him as a receiver and felt he could be more than just a return guy/gadget player.
Yeah, that's the thing, nobody's really regarding him as a just speedy return guy but a full on speedy RECEIVER. And that's such a cool thing for a guy from Weber State.

Then again, the Saints love their gadget players, too!!!

Last edited:
I know one thing…. He’s gonna earn himself a payday this season. He’s got a little bit of Desean Jackson / Tyreek Hill in him. He’s fast. But he’s not JUST fast. He has good hands, and the ability to track the ball and adjust to it as well. It’s a deadly combination. I think is only a matter of time before we see him have a 200 yard kinda game. We’re lucky to have him. Good call Marsha.

Been high on him since we got him, have worried that he’d stay banged up. He’s becoming my favorite Saints receiver to watch, of all time. Not saying he’s the best, just that he’s the most electric and fun to watch imo.
Yep. It's really like lightning in a bottle ... and he's fast enough to catch it!

This is a portion of a post I made last year.

Personal Background

In addition to football, ShaZoom ran track in high school where he was a 2 Time California Section Champion, winning the 200 and the 400. He was on  track, pun intended, to attend a Pac-12 college on a track and field scholarship, most likely USC. His parents wanted him to pursue track but he had a passion for football since he was 3 years old. As a baby his parents were stunned that he began to run just one week after he learned how to walk.

His father, Haneef, was a sprinter in college at Arizona State. His mother, Cassondra, ran the 400-meters at San Diego State. He not only comes from the lineage of his 2 parents track background and a 2 parent household, he has 2 sisters, Aysha and Amirah. They 2 are both track stars in their own right, Aysha at The University of California and Amirah in high school, both setting records of their own. His dad Haneef is allowed 2 work from home for Anthem Insurance, which enables him 2 continue as a sprint coach of a youth track team, Havok, as well as Madison High where he coaches Amirah.

The family gatherings often lead 2 bragging rights amongst Rashid and his sisters. (Imagine the family peer pressure Rashid faces with his parents accomplishments and his younger sisters giving him the business.) Speed Kills!

The number 2
appears often in my write up. Rashid wore the number 22 at Mt. Carmel High School and also at Weber State. When the number 22 came available this year he changed his Saints number from 89 to 22. You may have noticed the chain he wears with the number 22 medallion hanging from his neck. I'm expecting to see him break loose for a long TD and get clocked at a top end speed of 22 MPH.

On his social media posts he refers to himself as "Sheed"; as we all heard Derek Carr say to him on the sidelines, "Run Sheed", "Sheed...Run" in the game against the Titans.

So, while I want to hang the moniker on him to be known as ShaZoom, or 22MPH, I find this to be a bit of a delimma, kind of like a Catch 22.

Rashid Shaheed = ShaZoom - 22 MPH - Catch 22 ~ Artifactual 10/03/2023

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom