Rashid Shaheed Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Shaheed tore his ACL in his final collegiate game at Weber State and went undrafted. He could have decided to just hang up the cleats then, but he worked his way back, got his opportunity, and never looked back. Great story. He plays the game with the joy of a kid living out his dream. Fun to watch.

I know one thing…. He’s gonna earn himself a payday this season. He’s got a little bit of Desean Jackson / Tyreek Hill in him. He’s fast. But he’s not JUST fast. He has good hands, and the ability to track the ball and adjust to it as well. It’s a deadly combination. I think is only a matter of time before we see him have a 200 yard kinda game. We’re lucky to have him. Good call Marsha.
Great post!!!

A difference is Desean had his off the field issues…..and Tyreke is known for his off the field issues.

Sheed is quiet, humble, smart…..love everything about him!!

Including when he was in 5th grade and got a picture of him and Drew…..and then he brought it back to show Drew and ask him to sign in this year. Very cool.

Scoring a TD on his first two touches reminds me of when another UDFA scored two TDs on his first three times touching the ball…….Pierre Thomas.

Shaheed has put in the work and it shows. These are the types of guys who deserve the utmost praise

there have been two guys in the draft who i have really really wanted this team to draft who they actually took. kamara and rasheed. kamara was kind of a no brainer. i saw a highlight reel of rasheed at weber state prior to the draft and thought man if we had an elite return guy with potential to contribute to offense that would be perfect. when we took him i was elated and told my saints friends he was going to be a serious problem. i think most of them thought i was blowing smoke. i still get texts on game day and they almost always start with "ya boy just...". so glad he's on this team.

I know one thing…. He’s gonna earn himself a payday this season. He’s got a little bit of Desean Jackson / Tyreek Hill in him. He’s fast. But he’s not JUST fast. He has good hands, and the ability to track the ball and adjust to it as well. It’s a deadly combination. I think is only a matter of time before we see him have a 200 yard kinda game. We’re lucky to have him. Good call Marsha.
He is already signed through next year and next year's salary is $4.2m. After that he will be a UFA

there have been two guys in the draft who i have really really wanted this team to draft who they actually took. kamara and rasheed. kamara was kind of a no brainer. i saw a highlight reel of rasheed at weber state prior to the draft and thought man if we had an elite return guy with potential to contribute to offense that would be perfect. when we drafted him i was elated and told my saints friends he was going to be a serious problem. i think most of them thought i was blowing smoke. i still get texts on game day and they almost always start with "ya boy just...". so glad he's on this team.

They probably thought you were blowing smoke because we didn't draft him. ;) He was a UDFA which makes what he is doing even more impressive. The entire NFL, including the Saints, missed on this guy during the draft. Likely due to the ACL tear, but they still all missed. Further proof that the draft is a crap shoot most of the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom