Rashid Shaheed - Saints Breakout Candidate Player For 2024 (1 Viewer)

I think he's tit-for-tat with Olave in talent, skill, and value to the team. He's a little stronger and keeps his feet better after difficult catches than Olave, and makes the 1st defender miss more. He was injured the last 1, 2, or more games last year or his stats would have been better. He's a bright kid, and he will be right there with Olave in the No1-2 fight until a big strong No1 emerges.
I was pretty impressed with both their performances last year. Sheed had 46 catches, 719 yds n 5 TDs, n CO had 83 for 1123 n 5TDs. And keep in mind they did it despite poor play calling, n a new QB who played behind an inconsistent/bad O LINE đź«Ł

So this year, my FIRST questions will surround Coach Ks new system, n how quickly the players on O can grasp n execute it. Obviously, we’ll know much more when the pads come on in TC. But overall seems it’s been so far, so good!

The response from both the players AND the media has been pretty positive. Both say the scheme will be more complex n use lots more motion presnap, BUT the playcalling/terminology will be simpler n easier to understand.

Although both CO n Sheed ARE undersized, they’re also smart n quick. So they’ll be line up in different spots n running em in motion presnap should hopefully give em an advantage vs their defenders.

IF all goes well, IMO both will have a big year this season!

We’ll see!

Much as I love Shaheed, I think the break out player will be AT Perry. They need a big body in MT's old role and AT got better and better once he was allowed to play. Shaheed will likely be the 3rd reciever brought in to stretch the field and even when he isn't being thrown to he will open the field for Olave and others. I don't know if you will see a big increase in his production and I am doubtful he will be WR2. He will play better and be insanely valuable, but not sure his numbers will be hugely different.

Much as I love Shaheed, I think the break out player will be AT Perry. They need a big body in MT's old role and AT got better and better once he was allowed to play. Shaheed will likely be the 3rd reciever brought in to stretch the field and even when he isn't being thrown to he will open the field for Olave and others. I don't know if you will see a big increase in his production and I am doubtful he will be WR2. He will play better and be insanely valuable, but not sure his numbers will be hugely different.

I think Shaheed already broke out in a way.....but it will be interesting to see if this new offensive staff gets him more touches......hopefully so, he has more than earned it.....
This. Let Penning or Turner/Foskey be the breakout player(s) and the Saints can make some noise. Shaheed already broke out.

Shaheed is one of my favorite players on the team. If they utilize his skills properly, he’ll have a great season. Good things happen when he gets his hands on the football.

It is crazy looking at DK Metcalf’s numbers then thinking about the fact he is 6’4” 240 that is a lot to try and bring down. I remember seeing something once that he was running 23 mph on a play. No wonder Lattimore got a lacerated kidney trying to handel him, even if I think getting mashed into the football had more to do with the injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom