Saints Re-watching the game @ Carolina, and the OL is a major problem! (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
It’s not just Penning either (although he’s still getting beat too much!) it’s the entire OL!

Even Ramcyzk and McCoy look slow and weak! The communication seems very subpar as well.

It’s clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team, and if it isn’t fixed immediately, they need to shake things up and light a fire under those boys!

They’re giving up too many sacks, pressures and QB hits… and the run blocking is very inconsistent as well! Very very disappointing.

It’s not just Penning either (although he’s still getting beat too much!) it’s the entire OL!

Even Ramcyzk and McCoy look slow and weak! The communication seems very subpar as well.

It’s clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team, and if it isn’t fixed immediately, they need to shake things up and light a fire under those boys!

They’re giving up too many sacks, pressures and QB hits… and the run blocking is very inconsistent as well! Very very disappointing.
Seems to be around the league as well.

Maybe just maybe skipping the preseason is detrimental to Oline play. Hopefully it improves as the weeks go on.

Just curious do you think anyone who watches the games, follows the team or comes to SSF to post didn't already know that?:interrogations.gif:

Doug Marrone isn’t proving to be a great hire at this point.

Do you all think it’s a matter of them having the skill and talent, but just needing to play better or do they simply lack the skill to put out a better product than what we’ve seen?

Last edited:
Do you all think it’s a matter of them having the skill and talent, but just need to play better or do they lack the skill to put out a better product than what we’ve seen?
Honestly, 2 years ago, things were bad because of injuries, so it was understandable that it was bad. Last season just looked...."different."

You need to read the AMA with TCU Dan. He explains that this is happening league wide due to shortened preseason. By week 4 if they haven’t gelled then you can start panicking

I didn’t get to watch the game but from the texts I got even I knew the oline was a disappointment again

I am wondering if having Kamara back in the rotation will help. Seems like the teams that we've faced know that we can't run the ball so they pretty much rush DC every snap. On plays where they did this with TH in the backfield, they got burned a few times. I could be wrong though.

Crap, all anyone had to do was tell me they were bad and I would have believed them. Been an issue since the O-line carousel of 2021. lol
My Facebook memories popped up week 1 and it was me complaining about the oline. I was like hmmm, this seems all too familiar.

I am wondering if having Kamara back in the rotation will help. Seems like the teams that we've faced know that we can't run the ball so they pretty much rush DC every snap. On plays where they did this with TH in the backfield, they got burned a few times. I could be wrong though.
i’m going to wait until Kamara gets back before i panic about the offensive line. I think having him in the backfield changes how defenses have to play us for sure. It may not solve all of our problems, but it might make our weaknesses a little less glaring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom