Reading between the lines of Alvin Kamara’s commitment to the Saints (91 Viewers)

I think it's more likely my deep thinking is making it simple.

We aren't a bad organization
We don't have the right QB, the right coach
We do have talent

The Patriots have the type of salary and cap that we're faulting the Saints for not having....and they are still losing, Whats the one correlation? They didn't develop a succession to their HOF QB

It's simple If Allen bombs out, remove him and try to find a new pairing. If he doensn't bomb out, keep working your way towards a manageable cap, while also trying to stay competitive AND developing the QB's you drafted. Most of it depends on what this team does from now thru their final game. We won't know how this plays out until then. Either we'll have missed the playoffs or we'll make it. Both present a glimmer of hope, either in that we'll rebuild or that we don't have to go through a full on rebuild. Both should be welcomed w/ open arms.
Agree. The sky is not falling from a broad perspective

Perhaps l heard it wrong, but thought l heard him say better coaching?

From about 3:25 in the video until 6:10 is what I am referring to....

he also talks about how the Saints used to walk in to games knowing they were going to win and now teams are coming in feeling like they know they are going to beat us.

Blame Buffalo for trading the pick.
They did pretty well with the picks they received (#27 and #91 in 2017, #22 the following year).

#27 Tre'Davious White
#91 traded away as part of a package for #37 Zay Jones
#149 received from above trade, traded as part of a package for #63 Dion Dawkins
#22 (2018) traded away as part of a package for #16 (2018) Tremaine Edmunds

Mahomes is worth more than all of those guys, but they got Josh Allen the next year, so I don't think they are complaining. Went from a franchise that went 20 years without a 10-win season to one that has had 10+ wins in the last five years. Definitely an example of cashing in after trading back.

Kamara is a good dude I met him drunk as I dont know what, and he let me wrap my arm around to take a pic and he was like have a great night. I told him if anyone giving him trouble let me know, he never did LOL

I think he'll become, if not already, hes the best RB in a saints jersey.

I feel for DA this season look to be special but the lost of Taysom Hill and Oline put us back to last year cant keep the Off on the field and Def off the field, I dont think he can come back. Winston going rogue, a time out with 4 seconds left in the half. He always look flustered. BUT i can also see him returning because The saints biggest issue is the Team is very Loyal to a fault good or bad. It's a great quality when winning but very frustrating when losing.
He'll own many team records once he retires. He's already overtaking many others in the record book.

1729792913484.png

Despite where we are as a franchise, how we’re showing up in the win loss column, and the fans belief that we have horrible management, dude still wants to be here. Even had MT out here saying “who dat”. That means something right? If our organization was terrible, players would be kicking down the door to leave wouldn’t they? Granted no ones kicking down the door to come, and yet we’re not the dumpster fire organization some of us feel we are.

• Dumpster fires do dumpster fire things. Like firing a coach mid-season while the QB is left to defend if he had something to do w/ it or not.

• Dumpster fires are left answering question on how they feel about their benched #1 Draft pick from a year ago, in the wake of Andy Dalton throwing two picks en route to a 40-7 thrashing by Washington

• Dumpster fires sign a QB coming off an achilles to a signficant contract, and then draft 25 year old QB in round 1 to "develop" w/ out talking to the presumed starter.

We’re not those teams, not those organizations. We’ve won more games than them over the last two decades. We’re just in a rough spot and it’s not because of how they managed the salary cap or aging players or trades or any of the other hooplah we argue about on this forum. Their #1 blemish on how they did business during their run, was not securing a successor for Drew. The Patriots fumbled the ball too and are losing just like us, WITH a cleaner cap might I add. Meanwhile he Packers set up a smooth transition from Rogers, and the Chiefs aggressively got their successor to Alex Smith in 2017. Hell, arguably our biggest whiff during that time was knowing that we wanted Mahomes that year, and not having the tonka trucks to potentially anger our future HOF QB by trading up to snag the guy we truly wanted.

Now we're in a rut because of it. Or not a rut, but a scenario where the team has to elevate the QB (injuries crumbled) and not the QB elevating the team. Good QBs mask all types of organizational deficiencies. Still, we’re not a bad organization, and Alvin's committment proves it. However, in his interview he stopped short of saying we have the right coaches and I think the organization should stop short of retaining Allen if there’s a total collapse even after the return of healthy players.

Otherwise..keep chopping wood.
Agreed with most of that. But I don’t count being outmaneuvered for Mahomes in 2017 as a “whiff.” Drafting Latt when they drafted him helped rebuild a putrid defense that did its part to totally waste three whole years of Brees’ career.

What QB post-Mahomes should we have drafted? Jackson instead of Davenport is an easy answer with hindsight. Not sure Payton drafts Jackson first round as he isn’t a system fit. Not sure there was a single QB 2019-24 that we should have taken or had the ability to trade up and get.
I agree with you. Lamar Jackson was never a Sean Payton QB and there was no way he was taking a chance on him in the first round. So far in Jackson's career his team's don't win playoff games too, I know that's not all on him but it is a statistical part of his career so far. As far as more recent draftee's go, I looked it up through 2020 recently and there's really no one that didn't go top 5 that anyone would feel good about besides Brock Purdy (no one saw coming), and in the top 5 it would be Stroud. As far as this year's class goes I haven't seen Drake Maye play at all. Williams has had both good and bad games/moments, too early to tell but he has the tools physically which was never really the question about him. Daniels looks far and away the best right now. We were in a position to draft zero of those players though.

I agree with you. Lamar Jackson was never a Sean Payton QB and there was no way he was taking a chance on him in the first round. So far in Jackson's career his team's don't win playoff games too, I know that's not all on him but it is a statistical part of his career so far. As far as more recent draftee's go, I looked it up through 2020 recently and there's really no one that didn't go top 5 that anyone would feel good about besides Brock Purdy (no one saw coming), and in the top 5 it would be Stroud. As far as this year's class goes I haven't seen Drake Maye play at all. Williams has had both good and bad games/moments, too early to tell but he has the tools physically which was never really the question about him. Daniels looks far and away the best right now. We were in a position to draft zero of those players though.
I think we would rather Jordan Love instead of Cesar Ruiz in 2020, but yes, we generally haven't been in position to draft a QB.

I think we would rather Jordan Love instead of Cesar Ruiz in 2020, but yes, we generally haven't been in position to draft a QB.

Or even Jalen Hurts.

I think Payton was dead set or a very specific type of QB and wasn't likely to take anyone that didn't quite fit and adjust the offense to fit them. Love probably would have taken less adjustment than Hurts or Jackson, but I think Payton wouldn't have adjusted much for any of them.

But he has taken Bo Nix now so maybe he now realizes that college QBs who could run the same offense that Drew Brees ran don't really exist coming out of college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom