Reggie Bush finally returns a kickoff (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Finally after 5 season Bush returns a kickoff. I still to this day have never understood why Bush has never been on the kick return team. I always thought with a 20 yard start before having to avoid a player would be better for him then punt return where too many time he running from one sideline to another only to gain 2 yards.

Another thing just having Bush back there make makes other team squib kick and that could lead to getting the ball at the 35 or 40 yard line. That what Hester did for the Bears alot.

I think it comes down to fear of injury, freak accident or not. Look at Dez Bryant.

Is there really a better chance of an injury on a kick return then a punt return/

Force = mass * acceleration

Reggie running at 20 mph directly at a 240 lb linebacker running at 15 mph = no bueno.

On punt returns, both parties won't be running at each other at full speed. Even if the defender is coming at him, he can avoid contact with a fair catch. The collisions are much greater on kickoff returns.

I thought he was going to break free there for a moment too. That would have been awesome. Can you imagine two games where the win was decided by a punt or kick-off return in the last few seconds of the game?

Reggie running at 20 mph directly at a 240 lb linebacker running at 15 mph = no bueno.

On punt returns, both parties won't be running at each other at full speed. Even if the defender is coming at him, he can avoid contact with a fair catch. The collisions are much greater on kickoff returns.

So after 40 a player is running a lot faster than after 30? Really?

Your example is flawed. We need a math expert to calculate the actual impact force.

:hihi:

Just kidding Reggie fans...

Attachments

• reggie.JPG
    reggie.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 13
why they gave him the ball then called a lateral I have no idea. He could have took it to the house...

Finally after 5 season Bush returns a kickoff. I still to this day have never understood why Bush has never been on the kick return team. I always thought with a 20 yard start before having to avoid a player would be better for him then punt return where too many time he running from one sideline to another only to gain 2 yards.

Another thing just having Bush back there make makes other team squib kick and that could lead to getting the ball at the 35 or 40 yard line. That what Hester did for the Bears alot.

i wouldnt call what he did a return

Kick-off teams have 10 fierce tacklers and a kicker

Punt teams have 4 or 5 O-linemen required to block, and a Punter, therefore fewer heat seeking missles.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kWIVUh-fwc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0kWIVUh-fwc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

The play they actually had in for the kick return was fine...there were some blocks that weren't made like Heath (44) not blocking or even attempting to block the linebacker (54) who forced Reggie to kinda stay outside. The crazy thing is that linebacker was on the other side of the field when colston had the ball...you can see him in the left corner when colston throws the ball back to reggie. I'm amazed that he was allowed to make it to the other side of the field and not get blocked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom