Video Reggie Bush for Wendy's (fixed link) (1 Viewer)

I remember when we drafted him and he was in like every other commercial, rivaling Peyton Manning.

It eas so exciting because
1. Residents of the city, and the team, were just returning to the city so it was great to see one of our players everywhere
2. We never had a marketable star like that...ever. (obviously eventually Drew became the most marketable Saint ever because of his elite play)

It was so awesome and needed for our fanbase. This is Reggie's first major commercial probably since his Saint days, good to see he's still got it haha

I remember, too! When the Texans passed on Reggie, I was so excited. Finally, the Saints would get one of those winning college stars (like Montana, Manning, etc.) I felt like our time had finally arrived. But little did I know that the the signing of Drew Brees that year would forever alter the team.

Reggie was never the star in the NFL that he was in college. But he helped the Saints win the Super Bowl (remember the bat game and in the 2009 NFCCG "one time for your boy"), gave the team some great highlight moments (vs. Chicago in the 1st NFCCG), and will always be remembered for class and being a gentlemen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom