Reggie Bush is just in his Sophmore Slump: Give him a break (1 Viewer)

steno2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
WOW, all these negative comments about Bush made me post this
This guy is going to be all pro, he has one of the best FB's in the league leading him, and a great QB handing the ball off. Just give him time to work out his issues. He definetly has the essentials to be an elite RB, he just needs time to put it all together.

I thought he looked a little scared out there, like he was dodging contact.

Also, once he stops running into the backs of our offensive linemen, he'll be falling forward gaining more yardage.

I can't believe everyone is soo upset. This club has never been a true contender since it was established over 50 years ago. Now you all want to get upset, with all your whinning and complaing? Who cares if Reggie fumbled costing us the game! This is most this team has ever done. Since when have you ever been this excited about saints football?
First, getting Reggie didn't cost us 7 draft pick (cough Ricky W.) Second, Bush is twice as good as Ricky. Thirdly, there are a lot of problems with the offense, Patten chooses not to dive for balls.

So what I am saying is that Reggie can only improve, and believe me this kid KNOWS HOW TO WIN! USC builds workhorse champions and Bush will definetly live up to his reputation. I think we can look past this mistake.

I think a lot of blame should be pointed at Payton not so much Bush.

This guy is going to be all pro, he has one of the best FB's in the league leading him, and a great QB handing the ball off. Just give him time to work out his issues. He definetly has the essentials to be an elite RB, he just needs time to put it all together.

Also, once he stops running into the backs of our offensive linemen, he'll be falling forward gaining more yardage.

I can't believe everyone is soo upset. This club has never been a true contender since it was established over 50 years ago. Now you all want to get upset, with all your whinning and complaing? Who cares if Reggie fumbled costing us the game! This is most this team has ever done. Since when have you ever been this excited about saints football?
First, getting Reggie didn't cost us 7 draft pick (cough Ricky W.) Second, Bush is twice as good as Ricky. Thirdly, there are a lot of problems with the offense, Patten chooses not to dive for balls.

So what I am saying is that Reggie can only improve, and believe me this kid KNOWS HOW TO WIN! USC builds workhorse champions and Bush will definetly live up to his reputation. I think we can look past this mistake.

Some good points here that I'm willing to accept as possible explanations, including the sophmore slump argument and that Payton is more to blame than Bush.

did anyone catch the sirius spot today with Reggie? He is on every week but I missed today. btw...I agree with the OP give Reggie a break. But I will say that Reggie needs to get his focus back.

I don't know why I enjoyed the post, I just did.

"Also, once he stops running into the backs of our offensive linemen, he'll be falling forward gaining more yardage.

I can't believe everyone is soo upset. This club has never been a true contender since it was established over 50 years ago" Yes, LOL

Sorry,

ddd

As long this slump doesn't break him, I'll take it. Being on pace for 1,200 total yards from scrimmage isn't too bad for a slump.

Isn't Sean Payton in charge of putting players out on the field that will execute the plays properly?
Bush has been sloppy but it's not all his fault, you have to give him a break with our OL being handicapped and Deuce being out that took away the 1-2 Weapon we once had, some people forget Reggie has taken on a pretty New Position he's Not Traditionally use too especially without a Real Power back with him, Reggie should have never been turned into a Power back, we really need to rethink that position and put something better together, this isn't practice anymore you can't sit and Experiment until he gets it right, he has produced 5 YPC longest being 22 Yds and is mathematically a bust, Sophomore slump can be used as well i guess but again he's at a Newer Position, it takes time to adjust to such a big change, You guys also foget Meacheum was brought in for this exact Emergancy situation with one of our RB's getting injured or limited.

Most reasonable post of the week, IMO. The guy had a vital role in bringing us to the NFCCG last year, the farthest this team has EVER GONE in 40 years. Now I read post about trading him away.

Payton also has had his problems this year and I was an livid at his playcall at the end last week, (read my past posts for the past weeks if you haven't noticed.) Regardless, I want him as our head coach.

I don't know why I enjoyed the post, I just did.

"Also, once he stops running into the backs of our offensive linemen, he'll be falling forward gaining more yardage.

I can't believe everyone is soo upset. This club has never been a true contender since it was established over 50 years ago" Yes, LOL

Sorry,

ddd

thanks, I think?
Did you understand what I meant?

Most reasonable post of the week, IMO. The guy had a vital role in bringing us to the NFCCG last year, the farthest this team has EVER GONE in 40 years. Now I read post about trading him away.

Payton also has had his problems this year and I was an livid at his playcall at the end last week, (read my past posts for the past weeks if you haven't noticed.) Regardless, I want him as our head coach.

Thanks,
Yea, Payton needs to reevaluate the players he brought in
However, I'm not so sure if I want him as head coach. He needs to make up "big time" for his mistakes.

There's not too much slack being cut around here, so good luck. You aren't cutting Payton much slack, so why would you ask the Reggie haters to cut him any slack? :shrug:

I wonder if there is anything on Reggie's Subway Sandwich Blog about his "slump" or his "owie."

Gonna go check up on him and Jared.

There's not too much slack being cut around here, so good luck. You aren't cutting Payton much slack, so why would you ask the Reggie haters to cut him any slack? :shrug:

Because the record is 5-7, you can't blame the record on Bush. Also, Bush has done a lot of good things. However, Payton's performance leaves a lot to be desired. For one example, bringing in all those useless FA's; how much are they being paid to sit on the sideline?

Man, this video always fires me up. Notice how everything seems to come so naturally to Reggie. Since he has been with the Saints, it seems he is forcing the issue too much. If he is hurt, I am hopeful for a speedy recovery so he can right his ship. You definitely can't deny the talent this guy has!!!! This video gives me the chills every time I watch it....and I hate USC!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1PxJTrqz6c

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom