Restaurant Recommendations in NOLA :covereye: (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I did the :covri: because I'm sure this topic has been done to death (plus try doing a search on "restaurants in NOLA" :covri: ... My situation's a little unique in that my company's going to be at a trade show in New Orleans in a couple months, and since I'm the native son, I get to come up with suggestions for a party of 20 people. For one night, we need a really upscale place like Emerils or Commander's, so let me know some other plac es like that in case they're booked; for the other night we need something maybe one tier below (Clancy's, Brigtsen's??) Proximity to the Convention Ctr. is a plus... It's been so long since I lived in the N.O. that I'm worried that some of my favorites may have gone by the wayside, or gone downhill. I look forward to ya'lls responses, thanks.

Drago's if you're by the convention center since they opened one right at the foot of Poydras, charbroiled ersters and the blackened redfish(with the seafood sauce over it) is some good @#$%

Love Cochon's. Went there tonight for the third time. Apparently they were just voted by the NY Times the third best restaurant in the nation. It's not fancy, so it would absolutely fit your one-tier below requirement. And it's two blocks from the Convention Center, at Tchop and Andrew Wiggens.

Also, I'm biased. My sister works there as the hostess. :)

3. Cochon - New York Times If you wanna check out the NYT review.

Also, I've been to Club 300 once. It has an awesome atmosphere, and if there is someone on stage that y'all want to see, that'd be a good idea.

LOL

Also, just to add-- Put yourself in my shoes and think, what restaurants would you pick if you really wanted to impress your boss, and it isn't your money that you're spending :ezbill: ??

August. Reserve the private room now.

>>I appreciate the links, guys, and I'll check them out-- but I was kind of interested in my EE peeps' personal favorites...

Well you could have checked the Restaurant Reviews thread, but you didn't. Most of that is lunch stuff FWIW. Actually, I wrote out a pretty extensive PM to hardhead answering the very same question - though he was looking on the down river side of Canal (FQ). If I have anything related to that PM left in my inbox, I'll send it over. Alternatively, you can PM him (hardhead223 or whatever) and he can forward it to you. It only deals with the best of the best in the general area.

TPS

Alright, I PM'd hardhead and asked him to send that on to you. Like I said, it's more the other side of Canal which is where all the best of the best restaurants are anyway - G.W. Fins, Arnaud's, Antoine's, Galitoire's, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

TPS

Sorry, I find Cochon incredibly over-rated. They're too successful for their own good, i.e. too busy and the last couple of times I've been there it's been a) loud as hell, b) slow as hell and c) and this is the most egregious: I find the portions rather small. So, good luck with that party of 20.

Is the riverbend an option? That's just a streetcar ride away from the CBD and probably has the highest concentration of good restaurants such as: Vincent's (amazing Italian food), Sara's-- this one's good because they have a lot of options (seafood, meat, vegetarian, etc.), Brigsten's, Jacquimo's (though a party of 20 might be hard to work in there-- but it's right next to the Maple Leaf, so you'd have a one-two entertainment punch.)

Thanks ya'll... I've heard good things about August, so I'll look into it. And the more I think about it, I think it needs to be closer to the Quarter/Downtown because that's where most ppl are staying and after the long work days they're not going to want to venture too far. Keep 'em coming if you think of anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom