RIP Internet Explorer (1 Viewer)

Could anything have sounded more ‘broken’ than when that dialup internet was cranking up? And once you were connected you could make a sandwich while waiting for your pages to completely load.

But hey, that’s what we had to deal with for a while.
I try to explain this to my kids, they just cannot grasp the concept. And having an actual email program is foreign as well. We have gigabit and when I think about the speed differences . . .

I remember jumping from 14.4 to 33.6, what an upgrade! And that 100 MB hard drive? I would never fill up that monster!

I think my first modem (freshman year in college, 91/92) was 14.4 but the university's system couldn't go that high.

I try to explain this to my kids, they just cannot grasp the concept. And having an actual email program is foreign as well. We have gigabit and when I think about the speed differences . . .
Or how about when you only had a single phone line and your house phone was effectively shut down while you were online. I felt like a big shot when I got the little box with the ‘incoming call’ light that would let you know when someone was trying to call your phone. But after taking the phone call I still would have to call back into the internet. Fun times. :covri:

Were some of you fogies also around when storks delivered babies to the house? :shrug:

:hihi:

Early days of internet…. I remember getting a dedicated ISDN. 112k of always on internet. For a short time that was most excellent

Were some of you fogies also around when storks delivered babies to the house? :shrug:

:hihi:
Live birth?

I remember when eggs you didn't have to keep wet were the newfangled thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom