NFL Riverboat Ron is the new Redskins coach (1 Viewer)

He may have a chance with Bruce Allen gone. Although, they say Dan Snyder is a Jerry Jones-like meddler and that can't be a good work environment.
My guess is that Rivera probably had other options as a coach. So he would have had some leverage to make a few demands to accept that gig. No doubt the Dan Snyder involvement issue was one of those concessions the organization must have made to get him. :scratch:

He may have a chance with Bruce Allen gone. Although, they say Dan Snyder is a Jerry Jones-like meddler and that can't be a good work environment.

If I was Ron I think I would have waited to see what the Cowboys are going to do. There is a lot more talent in Dallas than Washington and while Jerry is a meddler Snyder is that and then some.

If I was Ron I think I would have waited to see what the Cowboys are going to do. There is a lot more talent in Dallas than Washington and while Jerry is a meddler Snyder is that and then some.
Me too. I don't see what the rush or appeal is to hurry up and go work for the Redskins. The Giants are another destination that is probably better than Washington but word is no coach who's any good is going to go there after Ben MacAdoo and now Shurmur both failed so miserably. The spotlight is going to be on both Dallas and NYG's new coaches more than Washington, so maybe he'd prefer to be more under the radar. That's all I can think of.

I’m just glad he’s out of the division. Out of all the coaches in the past 13 seasons, Rivera was the only one to give Payton and Brees fits for the division title on a regular basis.

Ron Rivera also had to coach through a sorry GM like Dave Gettleman. I still can't believe the Giants have Gettleman as their GM. No wonder they had to fire a head coach after one season. The bright side of Gettleman being with the Giants is that the Saints have picked up some good defensive back help because of him!

My guess is that Rivera probably had other options as a coach. So he would have had some leverage to make a few demands to accept that gig. No doubt the Dan Snyder involvement issue was one of those concessions the organization must have made to get him. :scratch:

That's what I was thinking

Me too. I don't see what the rush or appeal is to hurry up and go work for the Redskins. The Giants are another destination that is probably better than Washington but word is no coach who's any good is going to go there after Ben MacAdoo and now Shurmur both failed so miserably. The spotlight is going to be on both Dallas and NYG's new coaches more than Washington, so maybe he'd prefer to be more under the radar. That's all I can think of.

Ron would not work with Gettleman again IMO.

Glad hes out of the divison as well.
He is a great coach. Brought the panthers to the superbowl.

Any word on the GM?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom