Rob Halford: Judas Priest's new album is "absolutely finished as of today" (1 Viewer)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HJhm2vZFj2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halford sings this song very 'Ozzy-like'. I think so.

This has been by far my favorite group since "Unleashed in the East" came out. That said, Halfords voice is only a shadow of what it once was and this album, to me, seems forced and like an album where they are trying to sound like the old Priest as opposed to being original and cutting edge. What really makes me laugh is that people in the "British Steel" era had no idea that Halford was gay. Just look at how he dressed and so forth. This album is closer to Rocka Rolla in terms of overall appeal than, say painkiller. But, to each his own. Now the Halford album "Resurrection" I could listen to all day.

This has been by far my favorite group since "Unleashed in the East" came out. That said, Halfords voice is only a shadow of what it once was and this album, to me, seems forced and like an album where they are trying to sound like the old Priest as opposed to being original and cutting edge. What really makes me laugh is that people in the "British Steel" era had no idea that Halford was gay. Just look at how he dressed and so forth. This album is closer to Rocka Rolla in terms of overall appeal than, say painkiller. But, to each his own. Now the Halford album "Resurrection" I could listen to all day.
Resurrection is a killer album. It's more Priest than some Priest albums.

Resurrection is a killer album. It's more Priest than some Priest albums.
That is a great album, Crucible is really good too, especially the new remixed edition, also Fight's War of Words. Made of Metal is pretty good too.

I wouldn't expect the whole album to sound like these two leader tracks, these are like the anthem-style single (March of the Damned) and the "builder track" (Redeemer) like say the United and Hell Patrol of this album, but with better guitar solos. I think they're teasing us with these two songs and the best tracks on the album are yet to be heard.

This album is terrible, No soul, sounds like Halford is reading the lyrics of a music sheet. This is not the Priest I know and love.

Haven't dropped a good album since Painkiller in my eyes.

Got my tickets for the Allen, Texas, show today! Can't wait. Young Priest fan here and this will be my 1st time seeing them. I'm looking forward to it.

Last night's show in Allen was fantastic. Richie is a very good guitar player. Show was loud as expected. Ears a ringing just a little bit tonight. Can't wait to see them again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom