Rob Ryan almost official? (1 Viewer)

I'm cool with Ryan. All of his players talk about how much they love him and how knowledgeable he is defensively. He plays a lot of man coverage, which fits our personnel so much better than zone, and he is aggressive, which is what won us a SB in 09. It's also been said that he knows his place, so he won't be challenging Payton for power like GW did.

I think it's a pretty perfect fit.

I'm cool with Ryan. All of his players talk about how much they love him and how knowledgeable he is defensively. He plays a lot of man coverage, which fits our personnel so much better than zone, and he is aggressive, which is what won us a SB in 09. It's also been said that he knows his place, so he won't be challenging Payton for power like GW did.

I think it's a pretty perfect fit.

It seems like most of the Saints major success has come from coaches and players (including SP and Brees) that I was not completely sure about when they were first brought on.. I'll give the man a try (if he is indeed the hire), to get in done in our program... you never know...dude just may be the perfect fit!

I hope we get Rob Ryan the guy Is awesome! I wanted him as our coach when he was a Raider before we got Sean P. His players love him and talk about how knowledgeable and excellent a teacher he is. He will bring excitement back to our D and to the fans. I can't wait to see us in a 3-4 with him and some new studs on D!

I'm sold on him. We need someone with some fire and aggression. Plus he looks just like the freakin Dude. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

I think it's going to come down to Ryan.

At this point candidates are dropping out like flies with Colleges having their recruits committed for the future, and most NFL teams have their Staffs firmly in place and are ready to move forward. Goodell really screwed us again by not re-instating Payton earlier but that's for a different thread.

I think Ryan will be a Placeholder DC, he'll be given this year to try and make an impact and turn things around on Defense; but if we struggle again and have poor Defensive performances I'd expect him to be out when a Sexier assistant becomes available next off-season.

DaDomePatrol said:
I hope we get Rob Ryan the guy Is awesome! I wanted him as our coach when he was a Raider before we got Sean P. His player love him and talk about how knowledgeable and excellent teacher he is. He will bring excitement back to our D and to the fans. I can't wait to see us in a 3-4 with him and some new studs on D!

95% agree. I just didn't think of him at all when he was a Raider, much less a Cowboy. If he is willing to become a Saint and knowing if he gives a lil' more than he's ever gave to win a championship then I'm all for him. I think he is able to make this D something special. The only one that can prove me wrong is Ryan himself. I believe in him.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Wasn't excited at first when I heard him being linked to us, but now I definitely have warmed up to Ryan coaching our defense this year.

Considering the limited coaching pool, he's easily the best candidate for our defense.

I'm at a point, where I don't even care. Just get it over with so SP and the new DC can focus on remaking this into a 3-4 D

I hope we only sign him to a 1-yr deal or at least one with an "out-clause" if things don't progress. but having the worst defense EVER this year,, there's only one way to go and that's up... Thankfully Sean will be back running the offense so you know we'll at least be hanging 40-burgers on our opponents.. Drew/Sean > ****/whoever that cowgirl's coach is???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom