N/S Rodgers gets aggravated with Saleh after Jets TD (7 Viewers)

RadsRock

Refusing to backpedal
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like someone new has managed to tick off Aaron Rodgers. Saleh went to celebrate TD and Rodgers appeared to push him away and then give an angry stare-down.

Captions, anyone?

Looks like someone new has managed to tick off Aaron Rodgers. Saleh went to celebrate TD and Rodgers appeared to push him away and then give an angry stare-down.

Captions, anyone?

A bit of a side question. I assume you mean that Rodgers got aggravated w/ Saleh so how did you arrive at 'aggro' as the diminutive?

Rodgers did put his hand out. Plus if Rodgers didnt like the coach he would of been fired already
I'm not sure what you're saying, but Rodgers put his hands on his HC and pushed him backwards, maybe not hard or far, but he did it and he didn't look happy despite them having just scored. It's not a good look no matter how you spin it.

It's probably all much ado about nothing, but the thing is Rodgers throughout his entire career has had issues with publicly displaying a crappy disposition towards those around him (especially his coaches). For as great a player as he's been (and he has been) one of his major weaknesses is how poor his body language frequently is. If "Don't blame me, I'm dealing with idiots" had a face it'd be Aaron Rodgers'. I'm not saying guys like Brees, Brady and Manning never had blow ups or sideline tiffs (it's always going to happen occasionally), but for the most part throughout their careers they did things the right way and kept things positive around them. That's just never been Rodgers' MO.

Rodgers had demigod status in Green Bay and their fans (and the media at large) let him get away with a lot of that stuff over the years without too much criticism. But he's playing in New York now and that's a whole different beast. Between that and the whole anti-vax issues (and other weird rabbit holes he's been going down recently) costing him a lot of good will with the media everything is going to be under a microscope for him going forward. This interaction will get some media attention, but because the Jets won it likely won't blow up too bad. But if the Jets had lost? It becomes a top story and a major distraction leading up to the next game.

Rodgers probably needs to figure out at some point in his career that if the two options he's presented with are:
A) completing a touchdown drive then staring down his coach with his massive resting ***** face when he tries to celebrate with you, or
B) NOT doing that

he should probably just go with option B and save himself and everyone around him the headache.

Last edited:
Looks like a bunch of nothing to me lol

Agreed.

People are focusing on Rodgers, but I think the key here is to watch Saleh. He almost sort of gives a nod of approval to whatever it was Rodgers was conveying to him. I don’t think this was a conflict, but with Rodgers, who knows.

I’m thinking it was some “It’s not over yet!” type energy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom