Rumor- "samuel Said To Be A "done Deal"" (1 Viewer)

Its been talked about repeatedly what the front seven means to any secondary. Build thru the draft! Its really simple build thru the draft & plug good solid middle tier free agents in where you can and this year that means at CB.

So get Samuel, which frees us up to draft lineman and linebackers in the draft.

As opposed to going with a middle tier FA or nobody at CB, which would probably mean we'd HAVE to go CB in this draft.

I don't understand lot of people here....no matter what happen, we won't have a contender D next year and we probably won't go to the superbowl either! Defense isn't like offense where a couple of impact player can change everything. Our defense is so bad that it will take at least 2 year to make it work. If Samuel comes I'm sure he will get burn on many occasion next year because overall, our defense isn't good enough. However, if we draft smart this year and next (+ one or two lucky gamble in FA) then Samuel will be able to do what he does best. I think we need 6 starters to really change the face of this defense, it won't happen in one year!

Talk about pessimism.

Wow. We're not yet to the draft and already we're out of Super Bowl contention? :dunno:
Depend what you call a contender?
A contender who has a chance over one year if the wind his blowing his way like last year, so yes we are contenders, but if you think about a team that will be contending no matter what over the next 3-4 years, I don't think so. I'm not saying that we have a bad team, I'm just saying that we won't fix the defense in one offseason and I rather spend my money on 1-2 impact player that won't help us much next year but will help once the job is finished.

You have to remember that free agency and the draft go together like fish and chips (trying to get up for the London "home" game). You get an FA who fills a need, and that frees you up to draft differently. For example, getting Brees in free agency freed the Saints to not waste a first round pick on a QB. So, if the Saints go after Samuels, you have to think that means they have their eye on a LB or a DT in the draft. If they can get Samuels, then a top lineman with the No 1, then a CB or LB in round 2, they have come a long way.

You gotta have a little trust. Sean Payton will go after the FAs that give the Saints the most leverage in the draft. That's how the system works.

There are so many things right about this post I don't know where to start... And don't worry, we'll make sure Wembley feels like a home game!

Depend what you call a contender?
A contender who has a chance over one year if the wind his blowing his way like last year, so yes we are contenders, but if you think about a team that will be contending no matter what over the next 3-4 years, I don't think so. I'm not saying that we have a bad team, I'm just saying that we won't fix the defense in one offseason and I rather spend my money on 1-2 impact player that won't help us much next year but will help once the job is finished.

As an eternal optimist I feel compelled to point out that in 2005 the Giants we 11-5. In 2006 they were 8-8 and well, we all know what happened this year! Now we're set up a little differently to the Giants but I think it's a little too early for anyone to say we're not in contention (at least leave it til Week 1)!

Although if you're saying that it takes longer to build a perennial playoff team (which I think you are) I completely agree with you. I also agree that high paid free agents can have a part to play in that process. Hopefully we can implement some of those building blocks this off season.

Hmm that's a good question. I think that it very well could mean the end end of Deuce's tenure here. With all of the rumors around though we really have no clue

yeah, if they sign him they may draft that guy mendenhall at 10

Shefter on NFL-Network...

Just stated that the Saints ARE interested in Samuel. I trust him more then anybody, he rarely is wrong.

Solomon Wilcots just said that Samuel can play man-to-man, cause he is that talented.

Not so fast. They could have very well been truthful. Give credit to Philly for making sure that Samuel didn't leave Philadelphia without a contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom