Running game production prediction - WK 2 (1 Viewer)

I think we'll actually run more than you think. The Eagles will be trying to blitz us and the way to slow that down is running the ball and screens/quick dump offs. You'll see a lot of 2 back sets whether its Bell and Bush or Bell and Evans in order to keep the Eagles off-balanced.

Zactly. If we try to wing the ball all over the field this could turn into the 2006 NFCCG. We need to run and stick with it, even if it's not successful in the first half. We'd be fools to think we can play pitch and catch against a blitzing, opportunistic D.

We usually run well against the Eagles. We did in 2006 in both games. This defense isn't schemed differently, nor substancially better, then that defense.

In 2007 we went for 70 something yards total but that was with an injured Stecker and injured Thomas as our only options.

What was the key element to our wins over Philly in 2006? Running the ball. Even if PT can't go Payton will (or certainly needs to) stick with the running game, otherwise we could struggle.

Yeah we all know Brees is the man, but the Eagles defend the pass as well as anyone, especially when they know its coming. Like someone else said, if we abandon the run it could be like the NFCCG from 2006.

We have to keep them honest and make plays through the air when we have the opportunity.

I think we'll win regardless of if McRib plays or not, but that's mainly due to my (perhaps blind) faith that Payton will stick with the run.

The Eagles benefit from a lack of a passing attack in their division. Look what happened against Arizona in the playoffs. They aren't built to stop the Saints passing attack. It's the best there is and defense will always be a step behind.

What was the key element to our wins over Philly in 2006? Running the ball. Even if PT can't go Payton will (or certainly needs to) stick with the running game, otherwise we could struggle.

Yeah we all know Brees is the man, but the Eagles defend the pass as well as anyone, especially when they know its coming. Like someone else said, if we abandon the run it could be like the NFCCG from 2006.

We have to keep them honest and make plays through the air when we have the opportunity.

I think we'll win regardless of if McRib plays or not, but that's mainly due to my (perhaps blind) faith that Payton will stick with the run.

I love how all you guys know how to game plan and what it takes to win this game better then the coach.

Last year, we played Green Bay, who had the number ONE passing defense in the league and we lit them up!!!! What makes you think we should take the ball out our best player's hands and goto what we don't do very well, that's run. Their middle LB is out, I bet Brees will use Bush to exploit that.

People, we are a passing team!! That's what we do!! we're not going to become a running team unless we change our personnel. All this talk about we're not going to do this or that unless we run.... BULL!! We're going to do our thing and a we're going to score points.

My only concern is Bushrod. Can he hold up against all the pressure and blitz packages?? That's the key to the game.

I love how all you guys know how to game plan and what it takes to win this game better then the coach.

Last year, we played Green Bay, who had the number ONE passing defense in the league and we lit them up!!!! What makes you think we should take the ball out our best player's hands and goto what we don't do very well, that's run. Their middle LB is out, I bet Brees will use Bush to exploit that.

People, we are a passing team!! That's what we do!! we're not going to become a running team unless we change our personnel. All this talk about we're not going to do this or that unless we run.... BULL!! We're going to do our thing and a we're going to score points.

My only concern is Bushrod. Can he hold up against all the pressure and blitz packages?? That's the key to the game.
Being a great passing team has resulted in two mediocre seasons. With a healthy Deuce (and thus a healthy rushing attack) we went to the NFCCG. Ever wonder why roughly the same defensive personnel ranked in the top 15 in 06 then dropped to the high 20s the past two seasons? One reason is because we couldn't establish the run, which results in lower time of possession and more offensive opportunities for the opponent (along with physically draining our D).

2006 31:53 to 28:07
2007 31:09 to 28:51
2008 30:28 to 29:42

We possessed the ball an average of almost 4 minutes more than our '06 opponents. In '07 that shrunk to 2:18, and in 2008 it was under 1 minute. I'm not saying we can't and shouldn't be a prolific passing team, but we have to be able to run the ball. If we're not multidimensional, this season will end the same as the previous 2.

When did I say we need to become a running team? I was saying that we need to stick with the run more than we have the last 2 seasons, that's all.

And if their MLB's out, what the best way of attacking them? Run the ball! A MLB's main responsibility is to stop the run, and they tend to be less agile in coverage than OLB's, so I'd be very surprised if they planned on covering Bush with their MLB anyway.

Look, we're on the same side here and I'm just saying if we run the ball 45%ish of the time we'll be less predictable and better on offense all-round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom