N/S Russell Wilson signing with the Steelers for 1 year/$1.21 million (1 Viewer)

Bronco's are paying almost all of his salary. But who takes the cap hit?

Wouldn't it be great if it's the Bronco's? 🤣🤣🤣

edit... I looked it up. Yes, the $38M does indeed count against Denver's cap. Not Pittsburg's cap.

My god, this is hilarious!!

Last edited:
I lived in Seattle 2010-2020, and now live in Pittsburgh. My wife is a Steelers fan and says they are going to eat Russ alive. Given his diva attitude, I'd have to agree.

I lived in Seattle 2010-2020, and now live in Pittsburgh. My wife is a Steelers fan and says they are going to eat Russ alive. Given his diva attitude, I'd have to agree.
i dont know. Any expectations beyond a half competent backup are misguided. Does not mean the fans wont throw on some black and gold glasses and make Russ into a good QB again then make the whole thing blow up like it did in Denver. I just think reality has to show up at some point.

i dont know. Any expectations beyond a half competent backup are misguided. Does not mean the fans wont throw on some black and gold glasses and make Russ into a good QB again then make the whole thing blow up like it did in Denver. I just think reality has to show up at some point.

Yeah if people can't see the writing on the wall with how much dead money Denver was willing to eat to NOT have Wilson on their team...

That's the vet minimum for players with over 7 years experience. He signed for the least amount of money he's allowed to be paid. Definitely a shot at the Broncos to force them to pay as much as possible. I like the pettiness.

Best scenario for Russ, and even more hilarious that Denver is paying the bill.

Weird they couldn’t figure out a 2nd year option both sides could agree to. I can’t see Kenny Pickett beating Wilson in a fair competition. It’s a 1 year deal that feels like a can kick on the QB position.

Russ is definitely a diva but he was also taken down a notch by his two years in Denver. If there is any coach that can get him to buy into NOT being a diva, it’s Tomlin. Also, Wilson has got to have a massive chip on his shoulder. This is an excellent opportunity for him. It’s just a matter if he truly recognizes that and responds in kind.

I've always been a bit of a Wilson fan. So I hope he does well.

He is/was a big fan of Drew Brees. I used to watch him at NC State.

The best part is Denver continues to eat his cap.

RW is not the same QB as he was 5-10 years ago. His last really good season was 2020.....I really don't think he will have a "career resurgence" no matter where he winds up....

That's the vet minimum for players with over 7 years experience. He signed for the least amount of money he's allowed to be paid. Definitely a shot at the Broncos to force them to pay as much as possible. I like the pettiness.

... or maybe because no one wanted him?

1 yr 1 million ish? wow. That's vet minimum. How the mighty have fallen.

Did Russ send a welcome to the team tweet to Justin Fields?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom