Safe to say this game is the biggest of the season (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think a win against Atlanta on Sunday goes a long way towards a playoff spot. I think a loss goes a long way towards an official collapse in the second half.

This is an emotional game especially defensively. That emotion has worn off to some degree and we are being exposed. Our secondary is in dire straights.

We played with great emotion and great care in 5 of our first 6 games. It comes down to protecting the ball on offense and playing "just" good enough on defense.

So what will happen on Sunday? I don't know but I'll be watching from the comforts of my home here in California vs my home yesterday which was in the dome.

I'm hoping Drew will continue to be the leader he's been and he leads us to victory in the Georgia dome on Sunday.

wowatkin

The People's Champ
Reaction score
There is no doubt that we need to win this one. We win our division games, I'm sure that we make the post season. We can do this.
A lot of us have been tough on the defense, and rightfully so. Our defensive showing against Pitt and Cincy was less than inspiring, but remember, both of these teams have very explosive offenses. I'd make a bet against anyone, that we win any game that we don't turn over the ball. Our offense pretty much unstoppable (when we don't stop ourselves). Don't turn the ball over, we win. Point blank.
Last comment... don't spaz out my fellow fans. All of a sudden we all feel as if it's 2002 again. I know the two game slide hurts, but it's week 12 and we're still very much in the NFC South mix. Gotta love that. Plus I took a peek at the ATL forum; those bums are ready to get rid of everyone on their squad. We are Saints fans. Nobody expects us to do anything, year in and year out. That New Year's Eve game will determine everything. I'm hurt, but we're still in great shape.

mulletslinger

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
ive always viewed the six middle games as setting up the team for the last 5 and the playoff run.

go under .500 in the first 5, and the middle six become must wins. go over, or say 4-1 even, and you can use the mid 6 to really take control and make the post season as close to a cruise as possible.

we are 2-3 so far in the mid 6. i was thinking we would be 3-2 at this point, and looking at 4-2. but if we cant hold on to the ball we may finish this mid run at 2-4.

which would make the last 5 all must wins to make the playoffs. 4-1 at the least without help from other teams, and i think this team is better than that and we shouldnt have to hope for help.

we shouldve beat cinci in the dome. that was a must win game in my eyes with the remaining schedule we have to face.

must win, yes. but its no time to panic. we stop giving up the ball i think we can keep score with anyone and win out.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Several people said the Bungles was a must-win. I didn't agree because they are an AFC opponent, but this IS a must-win if we're going to make the playoffs. We need to put a nail in the Roadkill's coffin and officially send them into the chaos of debating whetehr to bench Vick for the season. A win keeps us on pace for a showdown with Carolina for the division. A loss sends us into a slump that probably ends the season's hopes. That's my take. Let's pummle the Roadkill worse than Monday Night and reset our sights!!!!!!!
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!

OP
Cajun Chat

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A loss sends us into a slump that probably ends the season's hopes. GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!

I'm kind of thinking that way myself. It's a lot of pressure with 6 games to go but that is the truth. A loss would be a serious skid. A win could get you back on track. It's been a long time since a game this late in the season meant this much.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully they will play like they did in the 2nd Tampa game. Come out and cruise. GO SAINTS!

Megadeth76

Reaction score
I'm glad it's not a monday game and we don't have to listen to Joe Theismann get off on Vick

Jake

Banned
Reaction score
yes, this is the season. we are either a good team or not and we are going to find out sunday

Hit it

Veteran
Reaction score
A win would almost secure a playoff spot. If he win, we are 2 games ahead of the Falcons plus the tiebreaker (won both games against them). This means that Falcons in the final 5 games needs to record 3 more wins than us... that is not going to happen.
Finishing ahead of the Falcons should give a playoff spot. If we don't win the division, we would look very good for a WildCard spot. North and West should not get a WildCard, so second place in South should do it.

On the other hand if we looses, we are dead even with Falcons. We also have a slightly tougher schedule and 3 straight looses would be tough to recover from.

This is a playoff game folks. If we win, we are in the postseason. If we looses, it would be very, very hard.

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
i just wanna win so we can knock the dirty birds out of playoff contention:ezbill:

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Right now I'd agree somewhat with that. I want to stay away from playoff talk but... our road map is beat Atlanta, Washington, and San Fran and then be ready to play for all the marbles in the season finale. Pull out one against Dallas or NY along with some losses from Carolina and we can get the illustrious BYE. But way ahead of myself here. Beat Atlanta is always big. this week is huge. But my motto is "The biggest game of the season is always the next one!!"

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No turnovers= win! Run Deuce in this game. He always plays well against Atl. We need to cut down on the passing some to help cut the turnover odds down. It also protects our defense on the road. I expect Atl. to come emotional for this one. They will have revenge on their minds after the butt kicking they received in week 3.

Last edited:

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This IS the biggest game of the year.

I really think we put a whipping on the Falcons. Beat Washington soundly, and jump up and suprise Big Bill and the Cowboys. I think Payton and several Saints have something to prove there. Word here in Dallas is that Payton had urged Parcells the last two years to give Romo a shot. I think if anyone can disect Romo and find his and the Cowboys weaknesses, its Payton and Gary Gibbs.

The game that I am starting to worry about is San Fran.

Botom line, I think we definitely will be in the Playoffs at 9-7 and have a great shot at beating Carolina for the Division title. Oh how I wish I could be in the dome for that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fdl16 I wish it was safe to be in the Dome right now Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 180
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 49
Saint Jack N/S Another Pick Your Poison Game: Falcons @ Cowboys Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 390
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 307
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 252
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
superchuck500 Morstead turns in another brilliant game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
CowtownSaint This is Still a Game of Emotion Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Big opening win still isn’t what a Saints game in the Dome is supposed to be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Trey Hendrickson; outstanding game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Saint Kamara And that's what the first preseason game looks like Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints 17 Buccaneers 7: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints vs Buccaneers game inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Krodwhodat What game are you looking forward to today other than the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Bill Analysis ***Official Buccaneers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2165
Dan in Lafayette Tailgate Official Saints vs. Bucs Pre-Game Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 128
Need help watching game! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
woohoosaint Predict the outcome of the Saints vs Bucs game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Andrus Saints Promote 2 From Practice Squad for Buccaneers Game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints add Bennie Fowler and Margus Hunt to game day roster Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buccaneers elevate two for Sunday’s game at New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0