Saints #1 seed scenario at 12-4 (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Yeah you heard it right, the Saints would have a very real possibility to get the #1 seed, even with another loss.

Saints lose to the Titans

Rams beat 49ers (40% chance)
Vikings beat Packers (55% chance)
Seahawks beat Cardinals (85% chance)
49ers beat Seahawks (50% chance)

Saints loss would have to be to the Titans, not the Panthers.

So if we get to Sunday with the Rams upsetting the 49ers the night before, the stage would be set for the world not to end should we stumble to the Titans.

The 49ers lose the division to the Seahawks in this scenario. That's what allows the Saints to end up the 1 seed. Seattle would get the other bye as the 2 seed.

With all that being said, let's destroy the Titans.

So we would win a 12-4 three way tie with the Packers and 49ers is what I gather from this. Just making sure.

But we get it because of a three way tie breaker and not head to head right? Since three teams would be 12-4?
Seattle, GB and us all at 12-4.

My guess is the 3 way tie breaker rules eliminates GB in this scenario and then our head to head gets it over Seattle.

It's strange to think of it this way, but the GB/MIN game Monday night is more important to the Saints, as far as playoff seeding goes, than the Saints game itself against the Titans.
That would be absolutely correct.

Once GB loses to Minnesota, the Saints are guaranteed the 2 seed simply by beating Carolina.

Bye week. Guaranteed not to play in Lambeau. I like our chances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom