Saints announce Legends Fan Cruise (3 Viewers)

What do you even talk to these guys about for a week at sea? All I can picture is Chris Farley... "Remember that time when you [did that thing in that football game]?........ That was awesome."
Yeah, and hearing "Joe, give me a call" is gonna get old real quick.

I don't think we have a Michael Lewis thread so since I know he was mentioned here, I thought this would be as good a place as any to drop this. FlemLo has done a video on BEER MAN!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: RJS
I am not a cruise expert. But these prices seem criminal.

For a seven-night cruise to Mexico on Norwegian--not Silversea or Seabourn--the pricing, whether for two or a solo traveler, for an inside stateroom is $4,600 and for a balcony stateroom $6,400. And again, there is no discount--not even a dollar, much less, say, 20 percent--for a solo traveler.

Even factoring in an open bar and free wi-fi, this pricing is double the price for a seven-night Transatlantic crossing on Cunard's Queen Mary 2 between New York and Southampton.

Gayle Benson should be embarrassed to be associated with this cruise.

Last edited:
If an Alaskan trip, the trip's overall pricing would be substantially higher with round-trip flights to Seattle or Vancouver and a night of lodging before the sailing. But it would be less common and more that reason more attractive than a Western Caribbean cruise.

More seriously, take out the Saints players--and how much value to they really add--the free drinks, and the free wi-fi, and I suspect this cruise on Norwegian is a small fraction of what is being charged. And for seven nights, the wi-fi costs only so much, and if you simply buy your drinks--unless you are drinking day and night--the cost again is only so much.

A cruise is not my preferred vacation. I have done only three. And my last one was a Cunard transatlantic winter crossing on the Queen Mary 2, which is a very different experience from a cruise out of New Orleans. But the attraction of cruising is that it is a cost-effective way for many to travel. There is nothing price-attractive about this Saints cruise. And again I wonder how much real value the Saint players are adding to the experience. Yes, I suspect it is nice to sit at the bar and visit with some of the former players. But how much are you going to pay for that experience.

Last edited:
There are some bad data in this thread regarding pricing of this cruise.

I went on the Norwegian site just now. You can get a balcony room for 2 people for $2,698.

The price is slightly inflated for the Saints Cruise. That same balcony room for 2 people in February 2025 can be had for $2,098.

There is nothing price-attractive about this Saints cruise. And again I wonder how much real value the Saint players are adding to the experience. Yes, I suspect it is nice to sit at the bar and visit with some of the former players. But how much are you going to pay for that experience.
Obviously that is the draw of the cruise. For a limited experience, some pay more. It is not the actual cruise that they are banking on, but the experience. Some will pay.

There are some bad data in this thread regarding pricing of this cruise.

I went on the Norwegian site just now. You can get a balcony room for 2 people for $2,698.

The price is slightly inflated for the Saints Cruise. That same balcony room for 2 people in February 2025 can be had for $2,098.

The cheapest balcony for two I’m seeing is $6,400 which is double the price of my two week Hawaii cruise the same time year.

Attachments

• IMG_6840.jpeg
    IMG_6840.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The cheapest balcony for two I’m seeing is $6,400 which is double the price of my two week Hawaii cruise the same time year.
Not sure why you’re seeing that.

This is directly from the NCL website just 3 minutes ago. Price is per stateroom for both guests.

April 6-13, 2025 on Norwegian Getaway out of New Orleans.

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    909.6 KB · Views: 12
Not sure why you’re seeing that.

This is directly from the NCL website just 3 minutes ago. Price is per stateroom for both guests.

April 6-13, 2025 on Norwegian Getaway out of New Orleans.

If you’re booking directly off of the NCL page that’s probably for people who aren’t a part of the group and don’t get to participate in the Saints activities.

This is where you book the Saints cruise.

If you’re booking directly off of the NCL page that’s probably for people who aren’t a part of the group and don’t get to participate in the Saints activities.

This is where you book the Saints cruise.

If this is true, I sure wouldn’t pay an additional $3,700 to be in the presence of a few ex football players.
And I’m a huge Saint fan.

Went on too many when I was in the Navy. I will not pay to go on another no matter how short. And that cost is just stupid.
I wasn’t in the Navy but I did work for them at Stennis and I feel the same way about cruising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom