Saints are a bad football team (Merged) (6 Viewers)

In the first two weeks of the season, the offense and the defense played wonderful complementary football. The next two weeks the defense kept a decimated offense in the game. The Chiefs game… 2x defending champs, nobody expected a win, whatever.

This was embarrassing. All the good fight in the second quarter immediately dissipated in the third. Four straight three-and-outs (with one being via an interception on third down) sending a gassed defense back out there that already had a rough time in the first half… is not complementary football.

I don’t know what the answer is. Injuries add context but are not the sole explanation.

Where we lose Thursday to Sean Payton, and we're going to feel like a beaten dog.

Then the team's going to put together some great wins and we're within shot of the playoffs

Only to lose out to either Atlanta or Tampa by one game?

Thus saving Dennis Allen for one more season???

Is this how the season's going to turn out again?
1-2 in the division, 2-3 in the Conference. Already losing the playoff tiebreakers.

I think this team has four more wins in it, at best, so 6-11.

In terms of schedule we do have the Browns, the Giants and Carolina again. Those are the only teams on our level or worse. But other than that, I don't see winnable games, maybe the Raiders. Our offense has been pretty horrenduous since week 2. We failed to score more than 20 points in every game except Atlanta, and in that game the offense gave up 14 points so the net really only 10 points.

Of course could lose one of those games while winning one we shouldn't.
We're not getting swept by TB we play well in that place. They host the Panthers before us too.

The Rams and Packers are beatable also. The Chargers will be close.

I really dont see this team making a rally to 8 or 9 wins. They are not beating ATL and Tampa. Den is a toss up, LVR and LAC probably a loss, so is Wash, most realistic wins are Car, NYG, Rams and Clev. I dont think.N.O.wins all.of those.

Where we lose Thursday to Sean Payton, and we're going to feel like a beaten dog.

Then the team's going to put together some great wins and we're within shot of the playoffs

Only to lose out to either Atlanta or Tampa by one game?

Thus saving Dennis Allen for one more season???

Is this how the season's going to turn out again?
Probably. When o line gets healthy we will dominate and finish out with a head full of steam.

Injured team that has been competing as long as they can in game. today for instance 14-point swing on two non-call (opi and target to olave). With all the injuries and a rookie qb give the team a break. if KC wasn't allowed to hold all game we fought in that one also
Take the gold colored glasses off my friend. Your looking so hard to give this team an excuse for this abysmal performance. You could see it out there. They gave up, they don't belive anymore.

Everyone is blaming injuries and yes they have a part in it, but those loses to Philly and Failcons gutted this teams heart. Those where winnable games and we blew it and now against KC and Tampa you can see that they just don't care.

Probably. When o line gets healthy we will dominate and finish out with a head full of steam.
Nah, team gave up. Those two loses to Philly and Atlanta killed the teams spirit and they know where not going anywhere. We may end up back 7-8 wins but it's meaningless at this point.

I think there is a greater chance the locker just gives up and quits on DA at this point. They almost did it last year and after these last two performances you can tell they just don't care.

It’s the lack of discipline. The adebo consistent grabs, the drive killing illegal shifts etc. That’s all coaching! Plus you never see him at least rallying the guys trying to motivate them. I don’t think he can motivate a pigeon to Bob its head.🐦 Fire Dennis Allen

Nah, team gave up. Those two loses to Philly and Atlanta killed the teams spirit and they know where not going anywhere. We may end up back 7-8 wins but it's meaningless at this point.

I think there is a greater chance the locker just gives up and quits on DA at this point. They almost did it last year and after these last two performances you can tell they just don't care.
Those players are professional. That means they are gonna continue to work hard and advertise for their next job at the minimum. NFL just feels/seems like pro wrestling...Entertainment!

Those players are professional. That means they are gonna continue to work hard and advertise for their next job at the minimum. NFL just feels/seems like pro wrestling...Entertainment!
That professional term get thrown away way to much. Players have given up on coaches before. Most of these pros have a set market value that's not going to change that much, so why go out and give 100% at this point and take a chance getting hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom