Saints Are Riding A 3 Game Win Streak! (Edit: Now 4) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Dating back to the 2023 season, the Saints have now won 3 games in a row, and counting.

All three wins came against division opponents which included the Panthers in Week 1 of the 2024 season, against the Falcons in Week 18, the final game of the 2023 season, and their Week 17 game against the Buccaneers in the 2023 season.

The Saints had four back-to-back wins in 2023, but they did not have a single 3-game winning streak or better during the 2023 season.

The last 3 game winning streak for the Saints came in the 2022 season in Weeks 15, 16, and 17.

Prior to that, the Saints last had a 3-game winning streak in 2021, during Weeks 5 through 8. (week 6 was a bye week)

The Saints haven't had a 4-game winning streak since the 2020 season when they won 9 games in a row from Week 4 through Week 13.

The Saints have a chance this week to extend their winning streak to 4 games in a row, the first time since the 2020 season.

The game against Dallas this week is important for bigger reasons, starting the season 2-0, starting the season undefeated through the first 2 games, starting the season 2-0 in the division and the conference which would have them in 1st place, even if in a tie, for 1st Place. Starting 2-0 would also continue the teams current winning streak to 4 games in a row, the most since the 2020 season. All of the above, should it come to fruition, will be a big deal.

Last edited:
I noticed that teams that make the playoffs usually produce at least one three game winning streak. The best chance is weeks 6-9 and 14-18.

In my OP I failed to be clear that a win in this weeks game against the Pokes will not only give the Saints their 1st 4 game winning streak under D.A. but it will be the biggest signature win for D.A. since becoming the Saints HC. That, if achieved, will be a big deal.

IMO, it’s more important to show that you can beat a decent to good team on the way to the playoffs. If we can only beat up on teams like the panthers, we ain’t getting far.

IMO, it’s more important to show that you can beat a decent to good team on the way to the playoffs. If we can only beat up on teams like the panthers, we ain’t getting far.
The OP in this thread references the current 3 game Win Streak.

It includes the downtrodden Panthers, no doubt.

It also included a Win against the Bucs, who eventually won the NFCS on their way to the playoffs.

The Win against the Bucs in Week 17 and the Win against the Clowns in Week 18 of 2023 were while the Saints were still in contention to not only make the playoffs but Win the division.

In fact the Saints were still alive to Win the division and make the playoffs 3 hours after their final game in 2023.

A blowout Win in week 1 of the 2024 season against a division opponent to continue the current Winning Streak to 3 games with an opportunity to make it 4 games in a row, something not done since the 2020 season is certainly something to build upon, and shouldn't be downplayed.

To your point, even though we're a long way from the playoffs this season, the Saints have an opportunity this week to beat a decent to good team, as a road underdog while extending the current Winning Streak and to sit atop not only the division but the conference. A win or loss this week won't be a make or break game to get to the playoffs but a Win would be a statement game for the Saints.

The win this past weekend Was A Big Deal. It could also be considered a statement win. All things considered, the biggest win for D.A. as HC of the Saints to date.

The current 4 game winning streak is the first and longest winning streak for the Saints under HC Dennis Allen. :tiphat:

The Saints are now riding a 4-game winning streak, the longest since the 2020 season when they won 9 games in a row from Week 4 through Week 13.

WHO DAT!

Anyone here brave enough to give an Atta Boy or a Hats Off to D.A. besides me?

Last edited:
It may be a crazy thing to say after only two weeks, but is complacency the biggest threat to the Saints right now?

It's human nature to want to back off and coast when things are going well, but if we keep boat-racing everybody, that's a legitimate concern.

I think that Dennis Allen's new 'attitude' will go a long way toward keeping the team grounded.

I noticed that teams that make the playoffs usually produce at least one three game winning streak. The best chance is weeks 6-9 and 14-18.
Your post above was prior to the Dallas game. At the time the Saints were riding a 3 game winning streak dating back to last year.

With that said, I'm assuming you mean during a singular season. Considering at the time of your post the Saints were on a 1 game winning streak in 2024.

Now, after the win against the Cowgurls, the Saints are on a 2 game winning streak in the current season.

This leads to this. The Saints best chance to go on a 3 game in season winning streak is in week 3, this Sunday.

To your point, if it doesn't happen in week 3, the best chance for it to happen comes again between weeks 6-9 and again weeks 14-18.

Why wait. Get on with it now. Saints beat the Iggles and soar to new heights. Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom