Saints at the top of Davante Adams’ wish list [“Saints might just be the favorite” per Fowler; Saints not agreeing on draft pick comp yet] (101 Viewers)

I get roasted annually over cap issues. The team had Brees who could will us to a handful of wins himself so I get the cap situation then. When he retired it was time to reset. Since then we've kept the same thing going. 9-8, 7-10, 9-8, 2-4 so far. $81 million over already for 2025. It's uuuuuugly.
But but but, greenbay, when the defense gave us a preview of it's ineptitude it has repeatedly shown.. we would have made the play offs. That was this off seasons go to line. Also, Who knew the pandemic would affect the world economy in a manner that would hurt our cap? Literally everyone of us that have been stressed out over the cap since Drew retired. Every person on the planet that says you shouldn't take out a mortgage in order to gamble in a dice game... that's who knew.

But but but, greenbay, when the defense gave us a preview of it's ineptitude it has repeatedly shown.. we would have made the play offs. That was this off seasons go to line. Also, Who knew the pandemic would affect the world economy in a manner that would hurt our cap? Literally everyone of us that have been stressed out over the cap since Drew retired. Every person on the planet that says you shouldn't take out a mortgage in order to gamble in a dice game... that's who knew.

It is a copycat league yet no one copied the Saints style of cap management.

As much as the Saints need another WR, stupid to part ways with a 2nd for a 30+ year old WR when you have as many holes on both lines as the Saints. Need at least 2 more gamers on the O.line and the entire D.line outside of Granderson and Breese needs to be rebuilt.

Don't do it now. We need all the draft capital we can get. We need to fire DA and let the next coach draft his players. We look old, slow, and can't tackle.

Damn you, sALARY cAP mANAGEMENT.

CA7AF2EB-802C-4CFB-83FF-DA94703A604E.jpeg

CEEFB660-E1D4-45E1-974A-59FB6443F0C4.jpeg

13926003-FC35-47DD-B1EB-317541676B9E.jpeg

390C3084-E3F3-45DB-AC0B-B4033EDE5C30.jpeg

E2EA39DA-764A-409A-B74A-15B557436D8C.jpeg

ir.png

22QJtm2.png

Last edited:
I like the thought process, but I think Marshon is having a good year. I know he's about to get expensive, but he's one of the things right with the Saints right now.
Yeah, but he is 28 and we should be entering rebuild mode. If we could get a 2nd or a 3rd and a future pick, sadly, we should be doing it.

Yeah, but he is 28 and we should be entering rebuild mode. If we could get a 2nd or a 3rd and a future pick, sadly, we should be doing it.
I don't disagree, but I hate giving up any of our best players and unlike AK and DD, he's probably got another 3-5 years at a good level of play.

If Madden taught any young football fan anything... its get rid of people before they get old.. and keep refreshing it with draft picks... holding on to nostalgic feelings for a player will hurt you in the long run.

He has to want to do that. And his agent has to want to lose his share of that money. It’s not a slam dunk that it gets worked out just because anyone wants it to. And the you have to have the Raiders agree to eat some of it. Nobody is getting traded unless there is a financial situation that makes sense and the one people keep proposing only benefits the Saints.
He’s already in agreement to do it since it’s a big part of him being traded. This was reported on the first day it was made known he’s available, that’s why everyone is perplexed you continue using it as an arguing point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom