Saints Comic Book (1 Viewer)

coacher

Trick Play
Reaction score
Just found this in an old scrapbook. Didn't even realize I had it. Looks like it's the first one from Spring of 1988. Anyone recognize this?

64f1af51d8d22eab5be25c13068f4575.jpg
8f284f61e86380e7f520ca1dab3aff4f.jpg

My copy has the autograph from the artist my wife got it for me a few years back for a birthday present. I would post a picture but I don't know how to use this stupid machine you see I'm old.

Yes. I picked one up on E-Bay a number of years ago. We've gotten both Bobby and Morten to sign it. Jim Dombrowski's in it and I've met him but I didn't have the comic book with me for him to sign. But one of these days.

This thread comes up every so often and leaves me with nothing but this same response... "**** Katrina!"

Oh, I more than recognize it :) My copy stayed in my parents' bookcase gathering dust before I dug it out, sometime during the Super Bowl season. I want to say I got mom to pick it up from a magazine rack at a Nicholson & Loup during the 1987-88 offseason.

The illustrations are cracking me up even now. Bobby looks like John Travolta in Grease :)

It appears few went to that 49ers game, and no one was left for the winning FG.

I wonder if they had to get approval from the NFL first. This was pre-Goodell so I'm sure the artist just decided to risk it.

I wonder if they had to get approval from the NFL first. This was pre-Goodell so I'm sure the artist just decided to risk it.

Rozelle was a football man, unlike the current joke in office, and likely had labor issues and other real problems to worry about than pick on a simple fan who wanted to spread the love for his team.

Saw a copy at my local comic shop recently. Had it on the wall selling for no more than $10 IIRC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom