Saints D Againts Wentz (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This will be interesting. Our secondary seems to be getting better each week but Wentz is a big challenge. He’s smart with the ball and his release is fast.

Eagles also have top notch WRs: Alshon, Tate, Algular (sp), and Ertz TE

Eli Apple, Lat, PJ, Williams, Bell will be busy all game!

Well they got no run game and we stout against the run.
So they can pin their ears back and rush him.
Might blitz a little more also.
Their whole offense is not close to Saints Offense so I can't see them keeping up with whatever Saints O puts up.

It will be a huge challenge because if the Saints offense plays their game it will be a huge challenge for the Eagles offense to match and I don't think they can.

Their defense is not playing near to what they did last season and their secondary with the exception of Malcolm Jenkins will be in street clothes or not even make the trip.

But it is the NFL and anything can happen.

There are going to be about 6 plays tomorrow you are going to scream at the television wondering how Wentz made the pass under duress. It will be frustrating.

Key is to force them into field goals. Their red zone offense has been sub par this season.

I just don't want to see Tate running around with the ball. They have some WR's, I just hope we can make Wentz uncomfortable.

I still think Wentz is the best quarterback from the last three draft classes. Totally agree with Saint Kamara about Wentz under pressure.

The rest of the team is talented, but injured. Ajayi, alone, would have made their season play out differently. Jason Peters is also not looking healthy out there.

I know the team wanted to take on the Eagles last year. I think the Saints have something to prove regarding 2017, and would be ready, even if these guys had been full strength.

his release is fast.

Wentz has a quick release

According to NFL Nextgenstats, there are 17 QBs with a faster time-to-throw than Wentz. Of course Drew is #1, but here are some guys that we have already played this year that have a faster time-to-throw than Wentz (in order of faster time among those listed):

Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kirk Cousins, and Matt Ryan.

The Eagles have a really good short pass game with about 83% of their passes being short passes - so our LBs will probably be getting a good workout.

I think Philly is going to be super aggressive. They may go for any 4th & 3 or less beyond the 50

They might, but they are 58% on 4th down conversions this year (Saints are 91%). Being on the road in a hostile envirnment, it could get out if hand fast if they are only converting to their average.

All year long, we've conceded the fact that we can't cover everybody all the time. So what we've done is to take away the opponent's primary weapon. More often than not, it's been their RB. Hence, we've got the #1 run D in the league.

Now stopping the run has become second nature, I think that as philly's run game has been sub par at best, with Ajayi gone for the year, I think we concentrate on stopping the short pass. The vast majority of Wentz's passes have been short completions. Take that away, and their offense becomes NONdemensional, never mind one dimensional.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom