Saints fight to avoid disclosing emails in Catholic abuse crisis (MERGED) (4 Viewers)

Sorry you feel that way. I go see the God of the entire universe every day on my lunch break in an Adoration Chapel, and I get to consume Him at every mass I attend. Works for me. Hope what you are doing works for you.

When you’re talking to god on your lunch break, do me a favor, and say a prayer for my altar boy and classmate friends in grade school who were violently sexually offended, and consequently ****ed up for life... Because i can 100% assure you, Catholicism or whatever you’re consuming, did not, at all, ‘work for them.’

Do we have any details yet or still just a vague headline?

People who own and/or work for the Saints advised a personal friend .....

I appreciate your passion but this is a mischaracterization. Had someone from the diocese phoned up Gayle or Bensel at home and asked for advice that wouldnt be any big deal. The problem is that this appears to be the Saints organization providing PR expertise. The saints should not have taken that phone call. Or should have politely declined to engage. This is a bonehead move of epic proportions no matter what advice was provided. Wisdom dictates that you dont engage with folks to minimize the damage of raping children. It's a bad look. You pray for them, you provide support as private citizens but you never put the organization on the line . I cannot believe how absolutely stupid the organization is.

Last edited:
Nothing from what I seen I checked NFL network twice today
If the League hasn’t issued a response by now, there is most likely not a coverup. There is no way they are going into the first part of Pro Bowl/Super Bowl weekend if the Saints had a connection.

When you’re talking to god on your lunch break, do me a favor, and say a prayer for my altar boy and classmate friends in grade school who were violently sexually offended, and consequently ****ed up for life... Because i can 100% assure you, Catholicism or whatever you’re consuming, did not, at all, ‘work for them.’

While I'm not a Catholic, I am a former minister, and I did grow up in a Catholic home and was an altar boy as you were and I never had any negative experiences with that.

How the Church has handled the molesting of children over the years has been terrible. That said, those disgusting clergy are not representative of who priests and ministers should be. What they did wasn't Catholicism. The teachings of the Church condemns these acts of evil. What they did doesn't make Catholicism or and religion bad.

The leadership of the Church has a lot of thankless work they have to do to address and remove clergy who shouldn't be working in the Church. Their track record over the years has been dismal, but I don't throw the baby out with the bath water either. Many people genuinely struggle with their faith and beliefs no matter what religion. I'd direct my ire at the leaders of the church and pray that those still part of the church can be a part of making it a better place.

Jmho.

While I'm not a Catholic, I am a former minister, and I did grow up in a Catholic home and was an altar boy as you were and I never had any negative experiences with that.

How the Church has handled the molesting of children over the years has been terrible. That said, those disgusting clergy are not representative of who priests and ministers should be. What they did wasn't Catholicism. The teachings of the Church condemns these acts of evil. What they did doesn't make Catholicism or and religion bad.

The leadership of the Church has a lot of thankless work they have to do to address and remove clergy who shouldn't be working in the Church. Their track record over the years has been dismal, but I don't throw the baby out with the bath water either. Many people genuinely struggle with their faith and beliefs no matter what religion. I'd direct my ire at the leaders of the church and pray that those still part of the church can be a part of making it a better place.

Jmho.

That’s fine.. we live in a free country, so you handle it however you like.. As for me, i’ll throw out the baby, the bath water , the tub and everything else because we’re talking about innocent kids who got touched, penetrated and scarred for life... You are basically implying that it was a few bad apples, while the hard truth is that it was, and is, an EPIDEMIC.

And oh by the way, we are STILL subsidizing them with our tax dollars.........

That’s fine.. we live in a free country, so you handle it however you like.. As for me, i’ll throw out the baby, the bath water , the tub and everything else because we’re talking about innocent kids who got touched, penetrated and scarred for life... You are basically implying that it was a few bad apples, while the hard truth is that it was, and is, an EPIDEMIC.

And oh by the way, we are STILL subsidizing them with our tax dollars.........

Didn't say it was a few bad apples. There's no excusing or softening what happened. But every religious organization is made up of people, many of whom are broken and even evil. That doesn't mean you condemn everyone else for what those people did. I have some pretty screwed up extended family members. Because they're screwed up shouldn't mean I'm the same way.

As for the tax thing, that's the same for every religion. Tax them all or don't tax any of them. I don't care either way.

If the League hasn’t issued a response by now, there is most likely not a coverup. There is no way they are going into the first part of Pro Bowl/Super Bowl weekend if the Saints had a connection.
You must have scored very low on comprehension tests. The Saints aren't accused of any cover-up. The "journalist" gave the "article" a click bait, very misleading title, for those who have zero comprehension skills (or those who refuse to go through the mental sweat of actually reading the article in the first place) to perpetuate the idiocracy that the title implies yet the "article" doesn't come close to substantiating.

It's not a cover-up when the entire substance is concerning being advised how to best make public the names of all who were credibly accused, without causing further damage to the victims and the faithful.

They weren't asking, nor are they accused of asking how to not make the list public, nor how to avoid releasing all the names.

You must have scored very low on comprehension tests. The Saints aren't accused of any cover-up. The "journalist" gave the "article" a click bait, very misleading title, for those who have zero comprehension skills (or those who refuse to go through the mental sweat of actually reading the article in the first place) to perpetuate the idiocracy that the title implies yet the "article" doesn't come close to substantiating.

It's not a cover-up when the entire substance is concerning being advised how to best make public the names of all who were credibly accused, without causing further damage to the victims and the faithful.

They weren't asking, nor are they accused of asking how to not make the list public, nor how to avoid releasing all the names.
You don’t have to throw insults. I have read the articles. With anything concerning sexual abuse, you have to be proactive and careful.
The League not responding shows that there probably isn’t anything else or not a League concern.

Last edited:
Bruh, i feel for your classmates and friends who were assaulted. Nothing will ever make that right on this side of eternity. That said, there is no religion that magically cures the "problem of evil". Religion isn't a drug where you can say "this one is xx% effective or works on yy% of the participants.

The only way a religion can be judged is by the results of those who completely live their faith...the fruit they produce in the environment and people around them...the impact and transformation they bring about. Concerning Catholicism, picking any of the millions of "Catholics" who don't know or live their faith to judge it's effectiveness isnt going to tell you anything. Chose instead those who devoutly lived the faith, those recognized as Saints. That's where you see "works greater than these" and a slew of supernatural and unexplained happenings that caused transformation and conversion in millions upon millions.

Evil touched you classmates; i'm sorry they havent been able to heal from that. I know people who were healed from those deep wounds, and they happen to be very Catholic; that's beside the point though. They let God heal that wound, take away what they carried for years, and allowed forgiveness into their hearts.

All of that has zero to do with assigning moral outrage to the Benson's or anyone in the Saints organization for having their PR personnel assist their friend in the best way to release the names of abusers. To deny help and expertise that they could easily give might have delayed the publication of that list further, so perhaps those seeking justice should actually thank Mrs Benson and the Saints for helping get that list out quicker than had they chose not to advise their friend.

You don’t have to throw insults. I have read the articles. With anything concerning sexual abuse, you have to be proactive and careful.
The League not responding shows that there probably isn’t anything else or not a League concern.
Sorry. I'm offended by the article and the response of those directing moral outrage against the Saints, and using words like "cover-up", which are completely false mischaracterizations of what Saints execs did. You used that specific phrase.

This seems obtuse to me, like the media is attempting to turn the population against us again so nobody will care if we get done dirty. We went 13 - 4 against other teams and the refs. Now it seems like we may have to play against the media also. It is truly us against the world

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom