Saints' front office... (1 Viewer)

While I agree that the trade brown talk is kind of crazy right now, if bushrod looks like an all pro and we can get enough compensation for brown, then you do it. Now thats a lot of ifs, but hey anything can happen. what if we were able to trade brown straight up for lance briggs. again, VERY premature, but I'm at least open to the possibility based on how bushrod plays in the next few weeks.

Well that's always true.

I think Bushrod has played well, but he isn't playing like an all-pro.

If he shuts his guy down for the next 6 weeks, well, then you can start talking.

He played terribly? That's ******** too. Fans obsess too much on seeing a defensive end get to the edge on an OT, but as long as he can slide and keep him behind the QB, he's done his job. Bushrod has quick feet, and recovers well. He did in the Lions game.

the one thing i noticed which doesnt normally happen, is that in all of the highlights after the game you could see bushrod getting beat

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81293378/WK-1-Drew-Brees-highlights

after the first play, bushrod struggles...he gets beat on the next 2 plays and then gets shifted in and jahri evans pulls on the 3rd or 4th play because he got beat so much and to help sell the PA fake

i noticed on all the TD passes, bushrod got beat badly...not just a little, he got beat bad and if it werent for drew steppin up, it would've been 6 sacks

im not up on all the skill position lingo but i know my linemen and bushrod needs to step up this game or risk being benched for the last time in his career

also on the screen TD, evans gets away with a hold to spring evans into the endzone

Bushrod Feet are very good. Still needs to get stronger though,,he has approved on his strenght each year.

Bushrod will be a Restricted Free Agent next year and Brown will be either a Free Agent or Restricted if next year is uncapped. My guess is that there won't be a CBA and we will tender both at a fairly high level (depending on the play this year) if someone takes one then fine if not we still have both at a decent price.

the one thing i noticed which doesnt normally happen, is that in all of the highlights after the game you could see bushrod getting beat

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81293378/WK-1-Drew-Brees-highlights

after the first play, bushrod struggles...he gets beat on the next 2 plays and then gets shifted in and jahri evans pulls on the 3rd or 4th play because he got beat so much and to help sell the PA fake

i noticed on all the TD passes, bushrod got beat badly...not just a little, he got beat bad and if it werent for drew steppin up, it would've been 6 sacks

im not up on all the skill position lingo but i know my linemen and bushrod needs to step up this game or risk being benched for the last time in his career

also on the screen TD, evans gets away with a hold to spring evans into the endzone

Those plays look identical with those C Grant, & Will Smith are making!......by that account, CG, & WS are doing an excellent job......cause they too are beating their blockers, as they gallop behind the QB who calmly steps up, and avoids the pressure!

It is the result which matters.....not the effort!

Woah there guys... This is a Saints forum and was just bringing up discussion. Let me clarify. I was saying, if Bushrod ends up playing better than Brown (this is not what I think will happen btw) then we may be able to get a few picks from a team like the Raiders who are notorious for overpaying for players. If Bushrod plays well in place of Brown and we can swing a deal for a 2nd rounder, that may be the move. I would prefer to shore up the LB unit, or defensive line than have a good O-Lineman on the bench. Yes, depth is great, but starters are worth more... And the bottom line, getting back to what I was saying. Drew makes our OL look good, and could possibly make other teams overrate the offensive lineman and overpay. Once again, this was all just to start conversation, I wasn't sounding an opinion.

So, who do you like in the 2012 draft class? Have you projected our needs?

I think that the Saints should trade all of the players other than Breesus and replace the turf with three feet of water.

I think that the Saints should trade all of the players other than Breesus and replace the turf with three feet of water.

No need when the next hurricane might do that for them.

But in all seriousness if people in the NFL didn't think about their next moves and the what if's then we'd just have a bunch of Al Davis running the league. For any good GM they have to consider all possibilities.

The possibility of trading Brown or Bushrod is there, or moving Brown to RT and keep Bushrod at LT, but then what to do with Stinch becomes a problem and he's probably not as highly regarded around the league as he is here.

Bushrod is extremely athletic but he was lacking the footwork and fundamentals of the game when he was drafted. He's now had several years of NFL coaching to work on that and he is fully capable of being a top notch LT. He's also cheaper than Brown which is something to keep in mind and if we can get away with paying Bushrod less for about the same performance than it's totally worth it to trade Brown. It'll be hard to pay Brown ten million a year and still field a solid team around him, Brees, Bush, Smith, Grant and co.

In an ideal world Bushrod proves to be fully capable of playing that position but we let Brown take the spot back just to keep up league wide interest in him. Put an RFA tag of a 1st on him and a team signs him to a deal. We then give Bushrod an extension for cheaper than we could have Brown, cut Grant to free up A LOT of cap room over the next 3 years and are able to upgrade multiple positions and resign Brees and Bush when the time is right. Of course this is all ideal but it's worth keeping in mind.

The what if's make this game fun, I'd get bored if I just focused on one game at a time, there is only so much analyzing individual matchup's you can do before it gets a little too repetitive.

to tell you the truth, if our defense comes through this year i wouldn't be surprised if we take a OL in this years draft.

to tell you the truth, if our defense comes through this year i wouldn't be surprised if we take a OL in this years draft.

Not when you have a FS that's 33, two OLB's that are over 30, and a NT that's also over 30, and LE that's 31. And keep in mind Fujita, Sharper and Clancy are FA's next year and Shanle is a FA after next year. And Grant's salary is insane, not totally his fault but I think Loomis got it wrong on that one.

If we don't go OLB then I won't be surprised if our next option is DE, heck maybe even DE over OLB.

EDIT: And as to if our defense comes through, just go back to 2007 and see where that got us.

With Brown's documented knee trouble and Bushrod's good play so far, I think they will keep both of them. I would love the Saints to take bpa with the 32nd pick in the 2010 draft. Best LB or C available. No need shipping off young players who can play well or guys who have made it to the Pro Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom