Saints have fallen for Keith Rivers? (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
"10. Saints-Keith Rivers, OLB, USC, I think the Saints should take Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie here, but I'm hearing they've fallen for Rivers' versatility. He can play inside or outside linebacker and he even has the athleticism to drop back and play safety at times."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-765/Hash-makes-Mockery-of-draft--Part-1.html

Remember this could be a smoke-screen...but I'm getting a feeling he will be the pick. That is if Ellis or Dorsey ain't at #10.

I'd be fine with the pick. Not my favorite guy at 10, but whatever.

I like Keith Rivers, we all have our favorite, but we all I think know who are options are....Rivers is athletic and strong....fast and can reak havic...why not draft him....I'm cool with the pick.

I'd be fine with the pick. Not my favorite guy at 10, but whatever.

I agree. Considering the 1-year deals and injury issues of Morgan and Vilma, you'd be hard pressed to be too disappointed with a LB if the staff really believes in him.

versatility to play safety? does that mean he has good coverage skills or did he literally line up at safety at USC? if so, thats sick!

It could be a slight reach at 10, but it would probably be a good safe pick. You can't argue that we need youth and depth at the position.

I agree. Considering the 1-year deals and injury issues of Morgan and Vilma, you'd be hard pressed to be too disappointed with a LB if the staff really believes in him.
Spam do you think that if we could find a trading partner to move down a few spots Rivers will still be there? I still think Rivers is a bit of a reach but I hear what you're saying. After years of complaining about our linebackers, none of us can be that upset if we took one in the 1st round.

if rivers is all the above, and ellis and dorsey aren't there, it would give us a player that gives us versatility like what's his name from the ravens that made them so dangerous.

I really like the idea of drafting a young, fast WLB to blitz and blind-side opposing QBs. Anything to help the pitiful pass rush...

I hoping for a Ellis, Cason, and Gooden 3 round pick. Gooden would be the prefect back up since he can play all three positions. Rivers wouldn't be a bad pick at 10 but I hope we score one of the two DTs.

One thing is for sure there are a lot of talented defenders and we should easily be able to get our hands on one of them at ten. I have always been a fan of defensive teams so it would make me extremely happy if they drafted anyone on the defensive side of the ball.<O:p

Spam do you think that if we could find a trading partner to move down a few spots Rivers will still be there? I still think Rivers is a bit of a reach but I hear what you're saying. After years of complaining about our linebackers, none of us can be that upset if we took one in the 1st round.

I don't know, I haven't really mocked it yet, but just glancing at it off the top of my head, #12 Denver is probably the first really serious threat for a linebacker. Denver and maybe #11 Buffalo. But both also have other problems on defense to address, so really it always comes down to just how much a particular team likes a particular player.

I would say, however, no. If we really want Rivers specifically, we'll need to just take him at #10 and be happy.

I know if you guys remember or not, but similar things were once said about Brian Urlacher when he was in the draft.

Different regime, different mindset.

It's clear the FO saw how pitiful the linebacking corps was (minus Fujita). Having Fujita, Vilma, and Rivers will ensure us of a solid LB corps for at least 3 seasons.

We could have top tier linebackers but as long as we have a below avg 3-Tech DT and NT and an underachieving Charles Grant it won't do us any good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom