Saints have had the easiest schedule this season so far (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
According to Football Outsiders.

Seems high to me. The Bucs, Browns and Giants are all bad, but the Skins, Ravens, and Vikings are pretty darn good.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-8-dvoa-ratings

Also says we have the 10th hardest remaining schedule, which also seems high - I can't imagine much tougher roads than Rams, Eagles, Bengals, Panthers 2X, Steelers,...

Go home, football outsiders, you’re drunk.

Ok.
I tried.

But that difficult to follow.

By what matrix did they determine we had the easiest?

The Rams so far have faced 3 teams with good quarterbacks;

The Chargers - Rivers is having a great year so far, yet it's going unnoticed by most.

Vikings - Kirk Cousins.

Packers - Rodgers, though he was outplayed by Goff who looked average in this game.

IMO the Chiefs schedule is a bit easier because the AFC as a whole is a mediocre crap fest. The Rams still have to get through us and Seattle could be a wildcard team, though not many people truly believe in them.

Keep in mind that Philly benefited from an easy schedule last year too. They went on that big winning streak mostly thanks to playing garbage teams, counting their division foes. The NFC West is worse than the NFC East was last year.

Okay so why does every other thing say we have the hardest remaining schedule lol

Saints had the #1 highest SOS going into this season.

SOS is determined by where teams finished last year. Some of this is the result of the NFC South having 3 playoff teams last year. So the Saints have a total of 6 games from there vs playoff teams. The total is 10 counting Pittsburgh, the Rams, Philly and Minnesota.

One thing people always forget is:

OF COURSE we are going to seem to have an easier schedule than most other teams. WE don't have to play the SAINTS (best team in the league)

This thing is ridiculous. It has Chicago, Seattle and Denver ranked ahead of New Orleans. New Orleans is 8th according to these guys. It's laughable. They use fumble recovery percentage as part of their formula to rank teams.

When you look at the fumble variable, they are actually removing it, so that teams are viewed equally with regard to fumble recoveries (no relation to being the fumbler). They do this due to the fact that the benefit a team has derived from recovering fumbles is not indicative of their success in recovering future fumbles. So, for instance if a team has recovered 95% of fumbles in the past, they would apply a decrement (45%) in order to push that down to 50% to provide a truer picture of how good that team is without regard to luck.

I hope the schedule get easier and we win them all. Then we would be Superbowl Champs with the easiest schedule. Just Win and the doubters will shut up. :gosaints:

They sound crazy as hell. Plus Atl is never a easy game. Saints have the hardest schedule out. If Saints run the table get HFA punch the ticket. I dont see another team with a harder schedule. Wth they smokin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom