Saints have had the easiest schedule this season so far (1 Viewer)

According to Football Outsiders.

Seems high to me. The Bucs, Browns and Giants are all bad, but the Skins, Ravens, and Vikings are pretty darn good.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-8-dvoa-ratings

Also says we have the 10th hardest remaining schedule, which also seems high - I can't imagine much tougher roads than Rams, Eagles, Bengals, Panthers 2X, Steelers,...

Well, duh - if the Saints beat them, then they MUST BE bad teams!

So Sayeth the Biased Media

According to Jeff Sagarin ratings, before Balt our schedule strength ranked 32nd, after Balt it went to around 24 or 28, now its at 18th. Its only based on who you have already played

I heard an analyst talking about how well the Redskins defense has played since getting slaughtered by the Saints.
The thing is, they were giving up 14 points a game the 3 games before playing us, and giving up12 in the 3 games since playing us. Their defense has been spectacular except for the whipping we gave them. Somehow we don’t get credit for that. And they were coming off of a bye lol.

Do I have this correct.

- The Turds were tied for the lead in the division when we went in their house a stole a game
- The Redskins, Ravens and Minny were leading their divisions when we played them

We have faced 4 division leaders in 7 games, 3 on the road.

How can that be the easiest schedule in the league. I think the Outsiders were hanging around late on Bourbon street with Bobby Hebert and Rob Ryan.

And we play the 5th division leading team this week out of 8 games. That sounds more like a gauntlet.

Looking backward, we have the "easiest" schedule because six of the seven teams we have played have an extra loss - to us.

Looking forward, we have the "easiest" schedule because we will not have to play a 6-1 team that others have to play - which is us.

According to Football Outsiders.

Seems high to me. The Bucs, Browns and Giants are all bad, but the Skins, Ravens, and Vikings are pretty darn good.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-8-dvoa-ratings

Also says we have the 10th hardest remaining schedule, which also seems high - I can't imagine much tougher roads than Rams, Eagles, Bengals, Panthers 2X, Steelers,...

How is the Rams schedule not the easiest so far? They have played 2-6 Arizona twice, Arizona's only wins coming agianst 1-7 San Fansicso who the Rams have also already played once and 1-6 Oakland! Four of the Rams wins are against teams that are a combined 4-19.

How is the Rams schedule not the easiest so far? They have played 2-6 Arizona twice, Arizona's only wins coming agianst 1-7 San Fansicso who the Rams have also already played once and 1-6 Oakland! Four of the Rams wins are against teams that are a combined 4-19.
There's little to no logic involved here. They tried to get so cute with their analysis that it just doesn't make any sense at all.

That is based on overall DVOA. I like checking out DVOA for specific thing sometimes but their overall team numbers can be pretty weird.

For example, we are ranked 8th in overall DVOA. They have Denver, Seattle and Chicago ahead of us. I think its the way they combine offensive, defensive and special teams DVOA together to get a team value.

If you build a SoS with that list it's going to be pretty wonky.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom