Saints interviewing Rams QB coach/pass game coordinator Zac Robinson for Offensive Coordinator (1 Viewer)

I’m trying not to get too excited but man they have interviewed some top tier candidates so far between Robinson and Pitcher! We would be fortunate to land either tbh! Idk why deep down I’m concerned they will mess it all up and hire Gruden anyway…

A seemingly very sharp offensive mind in the making. Another great guy to talk to. What he's done with the passing attack (and development of Puka Nacua) has been very impressive.
Also interesting side bar from his work last year:
During the 2022 season, Robinson mentored four different quarterbacks who started games for the Rams due to injuries sustained by quarterbacks Matthew Stafford and John Wolford. Before he was sidelined for the remainder of the season, Stafford had the highest completion percentage of his career (68%), which ranked fourth in the NFL. Robinson also played an instrumental role in the onboarding of mid-season acquisition and former Rams quarterback Baker Mayfield, who led the Rams on a game-winning drive against the Raiders in Week 14 despite joining the team only two days prior. That marked the shortest amount of time spent with a team before playing quarterback since 1995. With Robinson's guidance, Mayfield completed 82-of-129 passes for 850 yards and four touchdowns in five games played for the Rams.

1705523220947.png

Like Bobby Slowik, spent significant time at PFF before getting into coaching. Was assistant QB coach when Stafford arrived in town. Given his experience with a veteran QB, he seems like a better fit than Pitcher.

Off topic, so does the Rooney rule only apply to head coaches and general managers?

I’m trying not to get too excited but man they have interviewed some top tier candidates so far between Robinson and Pitcher! We would be fortunate to land either tbh! Idk why deep down I’m concerned they will mess it all up and hire Gruden anyway…
💡

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom