Saints make biggest leap in league on Ross Tucker’s Week 1 power rankings (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know…this isn’t college football, but it’s still fun to hear media members show how incorrect they were (for now at least) on what they thought this team would be. We jumped from 25th to 13th on his board. His comments on us began at the 19:43 mark of his podcast.

Recap for those of us that don’t want to watch a half hour video to find out what Ross Tucker’s arbitrary Saints power rankings is? 😂

Starts talking about the Saints at 20:00, but uses their rankings leap for an in-video promotion. Skip to about 20:45 for relevant commentary. Summary: Carr, Kamara, and the OL looked great. Surprised by OL play. Shouts out Kubiak. Says defense made Bryce Young look bad but that he might just be a bad QB.

Echoes what has been talked about here.

Recap for those of us that don’t want to watch a half hour video to find out what Ross Tucker’s arbitrary Saints power rankings is? 😂
Well..I did give you the time stamp. Basically he was surprised by how well Kamara played, which was the best he’s seen of him in years, and that our offensive line looked far better than what he had expected. He added our defense stayed in the face of Bryce and shut him down throughout, although he said he didn’t know if that was more based on Bryce being a bad QB.

Starts talking about the Saints at 20:00, but uses their rankings leap for an in-video promotion. Skip to about 20:45 for relevant commentary. Summary: Carr, Kamara, and the OL looked great. Surprised by OL play. Shouts out Kubiak. Says defense made Bryce Young look bad but that he might just be a bad QB.

Echoes what has been talked about here.
Panthers fans out here in Charlotte are already having “the” conversation about Bryce Young. He’s definitely not ready to be an NFL starter. He keeps trying things that only worked in high school and in college. This is the NFL. You can’t get away with just throwing balls up for grabs like that.

Carolina put him in a no win situation. He needs some real coaches to get him to the level of a starter. Carolina just refuses to do that. Oh well.

1 Chiefs
2 Lions
3 49ers
4 Eagles
5 Ravens
6 Texans
7 Bills
8 Cowboys
9 Dolphins
10 Packers
11 Rams
12 Bucs
13 Saints
14 Browns
15 Bengals
16 Steelers
17 Vikings
18 Cardinals
19 Jags
20 Chargers
21 Bears
22 Jets
23 Falcons
24 Seahawks
25 Colts
26 Commanders
27 Titians
28 Patriots
29 Broncos
30 Giants
31 Raiders
32 Panthers

Said we are the "TEAM OF THE WEEK" we moved up more than anyone. Talked about how much better the Oline was and how good Carr was.

Don’t look at other power rankings. Not sure how some of the teams ranked ahead of us are considered better.

Well..I did give you the time stamp. Basically he was surprised by how well Kamara played, which was the best he’s seen of him in years, and that our offensive line looked far better than what he had expected. He added our defense stayed in the face of Bryce and shut him down throughout, although he said he didn’t know if that was more based on Bryce being a bad QB.

I must’ve missed that. Did you edit that in on me? lol

Thanks for the recap!

As an aside, I listen to Ross Tucker a bit because his daily podcasts are like 30 minutes, which is perfect for my commute to work. He’s probably my favourite (non-Saints) broadcaster/journalist. And his brash and relatively light-hearted commentary about teams across the league is occasionally a nice change of pace from Underhill, Triplett and co’s forensic, in-depth analysis of the Saints. His show with Steve Fezzik, in particular, is absolute appointment listening.

I know…this isn’t college football, but it’s still fun to hear media members show how incorrect they were (for now at least) on what they thought this team would be. We jumped from 25th to 13th on his board. His comments on us began at the 19:43 mark of his podcast.

Logically it's a legitimate adjustment. Perhaps from the inside out, we as fans could arguae were a top 18-19 team in the league. Especially based on last years results that showed we were a middle tier team. Realistically, if were talking honesty. Moving from 18-19 to 13 is only 5 spots. I would say maybe were 15th but the Dallas game will correct everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom