Saints must draft a QB next year. (1 Viewer)

Time to trade Lattimore. Taylor has been trash in the slot and Adebo deserves a raise, he's outplayed every DB on the roster this year.
You don't think DA will be gone this year, yet you talk about drafting a QB. Those two actions cannot co-exist. Allen will not draft another quarterback after signing the quarterback he initially drafted 10 years ago. The only way we draft a QB high is if Allen and company are gone.

You don't think DA will be gone this year, yet you talk about drafting a QB. Those two actions cannot co-exist. Allen will not draft another quarterback after signing the quarterback he initially drafted 10 years ago. The only way we draft a QB high is if Allen and company are gone.
I can think DA will be on the team, and still want us to draft a QB while simultaneously understanding your point is likely.

chuckles

The 2025 QB class could look pretty interesting depending on what JJ McCarthy, Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers, Shadeur Sanders, etc decide to do. Not to mention Cam Ward, Drew Allar and Jalen Milroe.

If we are being honest about the current roster and draft assets, The Saints might be better served to trade back in the first this year and add a 2024 third round pick and a 2025 first. Something similar to the Bills - Chiefs trade in 2017.

Obviously, if they are completely sold on a guy in this class, take him.
I'd rather have Jake Haener than any of those guys.

If DA is confirmed to be coming back for the 24 season, then I would (assuming Mickey is rightfully tethered to a pole) trade our 1st rounder for a 2025 1st and more.

Give the next genius the ability to draft his own QB and more.

I hear ya, I think the Jets are in love with AR coming back and doing whatever he’s going to do….talk those jokers into a trade and let’s grab our QB of the future. They are our farm team after all.
True, but...
We can't assume that a few of those teams above us that don't have an immediate need will make the same mistake we made. Jets are 1 or 2 years away from needing a QB, and might pull the trigger anyway. Seven teams ahead of us right now, and it's not a stretch that all of them could go QB. :cry:

Last edited:
rickey williams the draft for daniels
A first, a second, four fifths, and two sixths isn't much of a haul. They're probably better off waiting to see if anybody falls to them and then trading for Fields. Might get him for a second unless Atlanta offers their first.

I am with you, draft a quarterback, let them sit for a year maybe even two let them play in the preseason. Let them play a little spot duty then a good coach will know when he is ready to come in and take over. That is a proven strategy For a quarterback to build muscle learn to read professional defenses and get up to professional speed. Very few quarterbacks are NFL ready their first year.
Ive said this before last years draft and its a legit possibility for us to draft Jordan Travis. Maybe with Denver’s 2 or one of our gifted round 3 picks. Or package both 3s to move into the second round for him. He needs time to recover anyway,

Man I hate to feel like this and the only other time I have is the tale end of Les Miles tenure @ LSU but if we lose a game I'm almost seeing a silver lining towards getting rid of DA . There is NO doubt WHATSOEVER that DA is NOT going to be a HC that wins anything significant. 24 will be a waste other than we'll get a higher draft choice. Man this sucks

Time to trade Lattimore. Taylor has been trash in the slot and Adebo deserves a raise, he's outplayed every DB on the roster this year.

Can we trade him, or did he redo his deal like so many other players, and now we're stuck?

Best that I can figure he would have about $31 million dead cap next year if you trade him. If that's accurate, he's pretty much un-tradeable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom