Saints outlook from Yahoo sports (1 Viewer)

Young & Gay are good signings...
Fuaga was a terrific draft pick...

The best off season move was hiring Clint Kubiak as OC!
The article doesn't even mention it... in fact it acts as if we are doing the same old...same old on offense!

Another preseason crap article!
Hard to argue with you. I think Kubiak will be an upgrade over Carmichael. My question is what has he done at previous positions. Shanahan was the one calling all the plays in SF and Kubiak in Minnesota as OC didn't work out for whatever reason. It all leads to a wait and see approach for me. I'm hopeful as all fans are this time of year. The opening schedule after Carolina is probably one of the top 5 toughest stretches in the NFL. Have some success say 3-3 to start that leads to a potentially great season. Get off to a 1-5 start, the team and fanbase will turn quickly on Allen. I'm hoping for a 3-3 start at best.

Until we prove otherwise, this is where we are. New offense take time to click. That will make or break us. Camp execution and pre season has to happen fast

Yahoo usually sucks, but ouch, this is 100% spot on.

I do feel like it could have mentioned our overhaul of the offensive staff, but I think our fanbase is putting way too much stock in that. We still have a bottom 5 head coach and the 3rd oldest roster in the NFL.
@MJ in Calif what can I help you with buddy? You put the emoji like it was confusing.

Yahoo usually sucks for sports info ✅
I feel like they should have mentioned our overhaul on the offensive staff ✅
I do feel like our fanbase is putting more stock in the coaching change then the impact it will truly have ✅
Bottom 5 head coach ✅
3rd oldest roster in the NFL ✅

@MJ in Calif what can I help you with buddy? You put the emoji like it was confusing.

I do feel like our fanbase is putting more stock in the coaching change then the impact it will truly have ✅
Bottom 5 head coach ✅
I hit the wrong emoji. I corrected it. My point is every so-called sports analyst is saying completely stupid 💩 the yahoo sports article notwithstanding. Stop listening to these 🤡 and let's see how the season pans out.

I hit the wrong emoji. I corrected it. My point is every so-called sports analyst is saying completely stupid 💩 the yahoo sports article notwithstanding. Stop listening to these 🤡 and let's see how the season pans out.
It’s ok, I agree. Can’t get all worked up over these articles. Not necessarily you, but no one should. Most of them are just made to do exactly what this one did, get a group of people talking about it which generates clicks. The others are just true opinion pieces. At the end of the day none of it really matters until we are a month or so into the season where we can really see what the team is.

aging defense. mediocre oline/rb/te. decent WR/QB

hopefully kubiak can be magical like payton did and get the best out of everyone. we'll see.

i agree, saints are a .500 team with a pretty brutal looking first half of the schedule.

A perfect reason to put all off season media predictions into a single thread that I can ignore!

Bottom 5 head coach ✅

Hard to argue with this assessment...

1720231833702.png
Mostly true, but mostly for last year. They even mentioned Payton, who 3 years gone. I suppose national sports writers don't have the time to evaluate 32 teams based on the current coaching and players.

There's been lots of turnover in this team and the other 3 in the conference, and lots of intangibles that are presently unknowable.

Hard to argue with this assessment...

1720231833702.png
Even the most optimistic fan would have a hard time arguing against this assessment of things.

I think it’s hard to account for injuries and the impact that a new offensive philosophy will have on the team overall. So for that alone, I’m excited despite the “metrics” pointing to another season in middling hell.

The thing about those Payton teams that underachieved in Brees’ prime is that the defenses were so bad that Drew could only carry the team to mediocrity.

Now we have an aging, but fairly stable defense that can still keep things close. So all we need is for the offense to be slightly better than ordinary. Will Kubiak be able to pull “above ordinary” out of Kamara, Carr, Olave and Co.? If so, it could be a fun and exciting year. If not, we still will probably be in the thick of the division race at .500. So it’ll be something to watch either way. 😆

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom