Saints owe New Orleans a season to say good-bye (an old headline) (1 Viewer)

Keep the link handy, and print out a copy of it in case they take it off the site. It will be fun to bring this out again when we make it to the Super Bowl.

so many what if's.....Would the Saints still be in New Orleans if we didn't hire Sean P, get Drew, draft Reggie, go to the NFC Championship? If these things wouldn't have happened and we weren't successful in 2006, would we have 4 seasons of sell outs and a waiting list? Thank God we don't have to worry about that anymore.

so many what if's.....Would the Saints still be in New Orleans if we didn't hire Sean P, get Drew, draft Reggie, go to the NFC Championship? If these things wouldn't have happened and we weren't successful in 2006, would we have 4 seasons of sell outs and a waiting list? Thank God we don't have to worry about that anymore.

I think so. Because we sold out the 2006 season BEFORE it started. We had no clue how it was going to be. Rookie head coach? QB off an Injury? Would Bush be a bust? That was all speculation at this point and we still sold it out. Because win or lose, the Saints are ours.

If the Saints would have had a miserable season in 2006, I think a large chunk of the Saints fan base would have breathed a sigh of relief and said "Whew. Well at least that's back to normal" when dealing with the chaos and upheaval in every other aspect of their lives.

But they didn't... they won... and that just brought us together more.

I think we would have sold out if things wouldn't have worked out so well, but I don't think we would have a 30k waiting list then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom