Saints Related Tweets and Media - Monday, 9/16/2024 (4 Viewers)

I was gonna say same but I can't cos of the restaurant thing. I am guilty of ragging on him for that. But I was always hopeful that if the OL could just get some time that he could do what he's doing now and was never one saying start the snake now. That being said, I feel pretty good about having the backups we have just in case something happens to Derek, not that he should be benched in favor of. I think he is finally able to do what he was signed to do so I am good with him!
There's a lot of talk of eating crow, but I really don't believe it. The past two years of Saints football have been almost unwatchable, and the gripes were deserved. We knew the caliber of players in the locker room, and were seeing it squandered week after week. I don't think Carr helped his case much. Prior to the string of good games at the end of the year, I had stopped planning my Sundays over Saints games, and eventually purchased some shirts that didn't have fleur de lis on them.

... but Carr's attitude this year, and his pledge (and follow-through) to do whatever it took won me over. The departure of the dastardly Pete Carmichael and arrival of our savior, Klint Kubiak, has restored football to New Orleans.

I can, once again, seek out people in Cowboys jerseys to talk trash. I can watch games and try to calculate the impact on possible playoff contention. Prior to last week, these things were out of reach and two (really three) seasons of football were wasted.

Perhaps those seasons were necessary to get an OC like Kubiak. Perhaps if we had moved earlier, then we would have missed out. Perhaps there was a purpose for those two years. I certainly hope so.

But I will tell you right now, I am 100% on the Derek Carr train, and am once again pricing tickets and travel to attend games. That doesn't erase 2022 and 2023, but Derek Carr, Klint Kubiak, and our incredible Saints team has saved football for New Orleans.

ps - training camp last year, you could tell the team thought they were special. They had almost all of the same pieces they had today. They TRULY believed that they had captured lightning in a bottle. Unfortunately, that bottle also held a glob of poo that would torch the season and almost destroy the team. That must have been heartbreaking to go through as a team, and I DO regret that I couldn't support them better during it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom