Saints release first 2023 depth chart (1 Viewer)

Other than LG, it's as expected. It'll be fun to see how this changes when game 1 rolls on by.

The Juwan OR Taysom means nothing, kinda odd that they even listed it that way. Juwan is our starter. But the Hurt/Peat battle is very real, and obviously we know the Taylor/Adebo battle.

i'm interested to see if Turner can elevate into that starting DE spot over the LT.

The Juwan OR Taysom means nothing, kinda odd that they even listed it that way. Juwan is our starter. But the Hurt/Peat battle is very real, and obviously we know the Taylor/Adebo battle.
They had to list him somewhere. They should just added the position football player and slotted him there. :idunno:

I didn't know Lewis Kidd was working at tackle. It felt like even with all the injuries that they had signed too many guards and not enough tackles. Now we know why.

Seeing both Ugo Amadi and Jordan Howden at the very bottom of the depth chart is a surprise. I know it's a deep group but I've heard a lot more praise about them than a few listed ahead of them. I don't understand Smoke Monday as a free safety, let alone ahead of someone else. He's a box player.

Interesting to see James Washington listed as the sixth WR and not Bryan Edwards. Not a surprise though. I haven't heard anything about Edwards and suspect the signing of Jimmy Graham was to give us that big, physical possession pass catching depth that we wanted Edwards to be.

i'm interested to see if Turner can elevate into that starting DE spot over the LT.
No OR listed at RDE so Granderson’s locked in as the starter. Been that way the whole offseason on projected depth charts. More experienced and available than Turner the last few seasons. Wouldn’t really matter though cause Turner will get 50-70% snaps as long as he stays healthy.

Interesting to see James Washington listed as the sixth WR and not Bryan Edwards.
I remember how much hype there was for Edwards after we signed him, and he’s several spots behind the player he was assumed to be a replacement for (TQS). When we signed Washington, I said Edwards should be more worried about it than TQS, so far the unofficial depth chart is shaping up that way.

Seeing this makes me wish we had another proven pass rusher.
We have two good young ones. They just need to get the full time snaps to have that under their belts. Davenport’s been in their way of playing time last few years. Turner’s been in his own way by not staying healthy.

If we did get another pass rusher, the stats that they produced across their careers wouldn’t be repeated here. They’d crowd up RDE snaps even more and not see the field like they’re use to. That’s why we didn’t land Houston or Ngakoue.

So NO one is surprised that Washington and Keith Kirkwood are running ahead of Edwards??? I don't believe any of you, LOL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom