Saints Superbowl Victory #2 on the top Sports Stories of 2010 (1 Viewer)

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
as voted by the AP. Tiger Woods saga #1.

I hope this hasn't been posted already. I searched but didn't find anything.

Here are 2010's top 10 stories:
1. Tiger Woods: Woods returned to public view with a 13½-minute statement in February, then came back to golf at the Masters in April with a fourth-place finish. That would be one of his few highlights on the course -- Woods went winless on the PGA Tour for the first time in his career and lost his No. 1 ranking for the first time in years. In August, he and Elin Nordegren divorced.

2. Saints win: New Orleans residents loved their Saints for not abandoning the city after Hurricane Katrina, but it was hard to imagine the team bringing much joy on the field after 42 mostly losing seasons. Then Drew Brees and Co. upset the mighty Indianapolis Colts in their first Super Bowl, to the delight of French Quarter revelers and fans nationwide who adopted the Saints.

3. Free-agency frenzy: NBA fans were captivated by the mystery of where MVP LeBron James and other marquee free agents would land. Few would have guessed that three of them would sign with the same team: the Miami Heat, who became basketball's Evil Empire by adding James from Cleveland and Chris Bosh from Toronto to Dwyane Wade.
link

I guess due to sustained media coverage, they're correct. Still, the Saints are a much better story and #1 in my book.

Here are 2010's top 10 stories:

1. Saints win: New Orleans residents loved their Saints for not abandoning the city after Hurricane Katrina, but it was hard to imagine the team bringing much joy on the field after 42 mostly losing seasons. Then Drew Brees and Co. upset the mighty Indianapolis Colts in their first Super Bowl, to the delight of French Quarter revelers and fans nationwide who adopted the Saints.

2. Tiger Woods: Woods returned to public view with a 13½-minute statement in February, then came back to golf at the Masters in April with a fourth-place finish. That would be one of his few highlights on the course -- Woods went winless on the PGA Tour for the first time in his career and lost his No. 1 ranking for the first time in years. In August, he and Elin Nordegren divorced.

3. Free-agency frenzy: NBA fans were captivated by the mystery of where MVP LeBron James and other marquee free agents would land. Few would have guessed that three of them would sign with the same team: the Miami Heat, who became basketball's Evil Empire by adding James from Cleveland and Chris Bosh from Toronto to Dwyane Wade. .
Well let me fix this, much much better :9:

I thought the article was going to be about the Saints 2nd Superbowl victory. :hihi:

Who Dat!?

:gosaints:

I thought the article was going to be about the Saints 2nd Superbowl victory. :hihi:

Who Dat!?

:gosaints:

Me too - I thought it was one of those articles the media writes up ahead of time - just in case - and they accidentally posted it 'live'...:mwink:

What a crock! Golf is the most boring sport on the planet. So Tiger woods cheats on his wife, takes a nine iron to the face and then watches as his career takes a nose dive. But that apparently is a better story than the Saints. I thought it was supposed to be the top SPORTS story. Not the top story about marital infidelity and over hyped celebrity drama.

The media really ticks me off.

People like "dirt"... there's no way the Tiger Woods saga is a better sports story, but in today's world with all these damm reality shows and scandalous celebs... Tiger's "story" would get the vote.

It was a big story because he's such a celebrity, but a bigger sports story than the Saints winning the Super Bowl?

Child, please....

The voters who decided that should go home and kill them self by a method of their choosing...or mine, either way works

us winning the superbowl should go down as top Sports Storie in history

ever have as many people watching Tiger Woods as there were folks watching the Superbowl game ?

Whats so great about the Saints story? Nothing.

Alright I'll bite troll..

It wasn't just a game. It represented the entire city. It was a statement game that New Orleans is back. The saints is what kept this city together. Katrina almost moved them but they stayed. They helped rebuild the city not as much physically as psychologically. it gave people without jobs and homes a chance to feel victories. The entire organization showed the world that Katrina couldn't kill our spirits, that no matter what, we'll always bounce back.

How is it even a sports story that a guy cheated on his wife?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom