Saints' Trey Hendrickson thinks he can contribute with Marcus Davenport out (1 Viewer)

• Admin
By Josh Katzenstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Second-year defensive end Trey Hendrickson this summer appeared to be a candidate to have a significant role for the New Orleans Saints defense this season, but through the first seven games, he’s played just 14 snaps and been inactive in six games.

With Cameron Jordan playing nearly every defensive snap, and Alex Okafor and rookie Marcus Davenport rotating at the other defensive end spot, the Saints have kept Hendrickson on the bench most of this season, but he should have an opportunity to play Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams.

Davenport (toe) was ruled out for the marquee matchup at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, and while Jordan and Okafor will continue to play the majority of the snaps, Hendrickson is the most likely player to join the rotation.

“I’ve stayed mentally locked in and knowing that my time was going to come,” Hendrickson said. “Didn’t know where, didn’t know how, but I just kept grinding.” ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom