Scott Shanle our best linebacker!?!? (1 Viewer)

saints4all

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Ok so i know Jon Vilma's our best but come on lets give our offseason whipping boy some love. as far as production he's proven to be the best backer on the team.

Where's Truck Man???

So far this year, yes.

And that's not a knock on Vilma. Shanle is just playing that well.

Shanle has been our best LB, but you have to give Vilma props for putting our players in position to make plays since ultimately, he's the signal caller on defense on the field and Vilma is constantly calling audibles.

Can't believe I'm saying this but...yes. Guy was in Beast-Mode tonight!

I have to single out Troy Evans coming in and playing for the injured Fujita also. The GMen knew he was in there and don'y you believe they knew it and tried to exploit him??? He held his own well.

Ok so i know Jon Vilma's our best but come on lets give our offseason whipping boy some love. as far as production he's proven to be the best backer on the team.

Not this year. Don't be scared to say it, Shanle is our best LBer this year.....and IMO, it's not even that close.

if you would've watched him last year, you would've noticed he was doing the exact same things, just not getting credit for them

shanle consistantly makes tackles.....is a solid tackler....and is one of our better pass coverage linebackers(maybe the best)

people criticized him because they didnt know what he was doing.....well.....now you know

if you would've watched him last year, you would've noticed he was doing the exact same things, just not getting credit for them

shanle consistantly makes tackles.....is a solid tackler....and is one of our better pass coverage linebackers(maybe the best)

people criticized him because they didnt know what he was doing.....well.....now you know

i did watch him last yr and i thought he was our most consistent backer. but the point of my post is to point out that now he isnt just tackling.....he's catching ints, causing fumbles and recovering fumbles ect... He is making more HIGHLIGHT plays.

I remember being impressed with him in 06. Not so much last year. This year he's been a lot more visible. Fujita doesn't get enough credit either.

i did watch him last yr and i thought he was our most consistent backer. but the point of my post is to point out that now he isnt just tackling.....he's catching ints, causing fumbles and recovering fumbles ect... He is making more HIGHLIGHT plays.

i think the scheme helps a lot at getting him more involved.......last year he had to do all the work

this year he is doing the same amount of work, but he has plays designed to make his job a little easier

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom