Sept. 8 vs. Packers (1 Viewer)

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
My wife and I will be flying up from P'cola on gameday arriving about 2:15 PM. My Packer friend and wife will pick us up and we'll head on over to Lambeau. I'm not sure if I want to leave on Friday or Saturday. Seems kinda silly to fly all that way just for one night but I'm not sure if there's anything to do in Green Bay.

I'd like to tailgate with fellow Who Dats. Anybody else planning on going?

The Brewers are in Milwaukee playing the Phillies, and UWisconsin Badgers are at home on Saturday against Oregon State. I plan to hit all 3 sports while I'm there. The toughest thing is going to be to get a ticket to the Packers game.

WHO DAT!

I plan on getting tickets for me and my fiance (then wife) as soon as they're available. I'll be making a 12 hour drive from Minot to Green Bay. It will be her first NFL game: just so sad that her Packers will lose. :hihi:

Saints, your wedding present (getting marri3ed 2 weeks prior) to me and her (well I guess just me) can be a win for the opening game.

im going with Max (Darth Saint) and his girlfriend. we are flying out on wednesday morning and flying home on friday afternoon. already have front row tickets on the saints sideline right on the goal line and a hotel room booked (i found the tickets on stubhub as soon as they popped up and Max was on top of it immediately).

WHO DAT

Guys, there isn't a lot to do in the city of Green Bay, that's absolutely true. It's the most boring city this side of Winnipeg. But one thing some of you might want to check out is the sport fishing. There's great steelhead, lake trout, and coho salmon fishing out on the lake. I know some of you are avid sportsmen and fishermen, and you should take a serious look at chartering a boat and catching some tasty coldwater gamefish as long as you're up here. Just a thought. Also, that time of year you can't go wrong taking a drive up the Door County Peninsula. The leaves should be starting to turn, and it's a gorgeous drive. Makes for a nice day trip, in an area that many of you may never get a chance to visit at that time of year again.

The wife and I are booked wed to sat. We may leave the green bay area earlier than that to see some family in Chicago, but we will be up for the game for sure!

YIKES! just saw that they start at 212 a piece at stubhub... we may be watching it on TV..lol

Hopefully Packers Ticket Office can sell for the 87 it shows on their website.

I'll be driving and staying a week with friends from Madison (who have season tickets that I get at face value-yay me). I booked 2 nights at the Country Inn 10 miles from stadium for total of $280 + tax. They allowed me to reserve without paying which is great since the season is still up in the air.

We will be tailgating. Hope to meet up with some of you there!!!!

The wife and I will be flying from New Orleans to Milwaukee on Wednesday and leaving out on Friday. We made the trip to Washington, D.C. in 09 and had a blast tailgating with fellow Who Dats. We are looking forward to a great season. Who Dat!!!

We r goin thru DMI- The Hotel is the Country Inn and Suites in Green Bay. She did say that there is a bar directly across the street, but we may take a ride to Appleton since I heard that place is chock full of nightlife.

Right now you can fly from NO to Milwaukee for $198 round trip. We are gonna rent a car since flying into GB or Appleton was $340 round trip.

Do you know which Country Inn and Suites you'll be at? I might be able to tell you what kkind of bars and restaurants are nearby. There are three Country Inns in Green Bay, if I recall correctly.

Me & AgentJRad just booked flights to Wisconsin, we'll get there Wednesday & leave Saturday, can't wait!!! Reached out to my friend up there to see where some good hangouts would be.

Do you know which Country Inn and Suites you'll be at? I might be able to tell you what kkind of bars and restaurants are nearby. There are three Country Inns in Green Bay, if I recall correctly.

IceBowl, I think that Country Inn is the one off of Kepler Drive which is on the east side of town. I know that there is one closer to Lambeau, but I don't think that's the one associated with the travel package. There's a little bit of a drive involved, but transfers to and from the stadium are included. Looking forward to this trip. End the lockout! :rant:

We r goin thru DMI- The Hotel is the Country Inn and Suites in Green Bay. She did say that there is a bar directly across the street, but we may take a ride to Appleton since I heard that place is chock full of nightlife.

Right now you can fly from NO to Milwaukee for $198 round trip. We are gonna rent a car since flying into GB or Appleton was $340 round trip.

So maybe GBF could answer...would it be better to just stay in Appleton if we want to go out a night or two?

Edit:

We went ahead and booked the Appleton hotel for Wednesday and Thursday, with plans to stay in Milwaukee Friday night. Cheaper rooms, plus we'll get to hang out in a different city that night. Would it be better to stay near the airport (our flight leaves from Milwaukee), or is there a better "city center" to go out in?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom