Shane Waldron (1 Viewer)

lilflcajun

Veteran
Reaction score
I am late to the party on the fire DA but after to losing to Falcons I don’t see how he does not get canned. Less face it we are not in great shape cap wise and for that reason we will not get first choice ala Ben Johnson. I have never seen Shane Waldron name for head coach but what he has done with Geno Smith and the rest of Seattle offense the last two years has been incredible.

The OCs of all the top teams should be candidates, the big question is whether he's a leader of men, that's key in a head coach. So the OCs for Miami, Philly, Seattle, etc, should all be looked at.

Doesn't sound like head coaching material to me, but he is a great OC. Could be wrong, but first impression is that he would be over his head as a HC

I doubt we will be in the market for a HC, but I think OC change is a no-brainer. Im totally fine keeping PC around in some fashion. No hate for any of these guys. Its just that its not working as we are currently staffed.

DA's biggest sins so far in my opinion are keeping Carmichael at OC and bringing in Carr as QB. Im pretty sure those werent his calls alone. He doesnt seem to be the leader of men we fans think we need, and he seems lost on offense without a really good OC handling that side of things. Other than that, its a few sound bites and a lot of fan speculation.

I just have a gut feeling that Loomis isnt going to make a HC change next offseason. I could be wrong of course, but I feel like ML gives DA another year. If that is how it plays out, our best hope is that we find the right OC.

That could be tricky because the best proven OCs are already OCs and we'd be a lateral move at best. Shopping through positional coaches is hit and miss. And Im not sure DA lacks the self-consciousness to bring in a former HC as OC. Where any success could be directed more at them then attributed to him.

Long winded and probably a little muddy, I know. That's just how my mind is right now on the subject.

The OCs of all the top teams should be candidates, the big question is whether he's a leader of men, that's key in a head coach. So the OCs for Miami, Philly, Seattle, etc, should all be looked at.
Todd Monken--OC Baltimore, Tampa, OC 2 time national champs Georgia

Doesn't sound like head coaching material to me, but he is a great OC. Could be wrong, but first impression is that he would be over his head as a HC

LOL you think you can tell if a guy will be a good HC by 1 PC??? SMH. You ever watch a Mike McDaniel PC?? You probably would not have hired HIM based on his PC's . Waldron has done wonders with Geno Smith, Did you watch the Dallas game? He called a great game kept them in it until the refs took over and gave Dallas the game

I am late to the party on the fire DA but after to losing to Falcons I don’t see how he does not get canned. Less face it we are not in great shape cap wise and for that reason we will not get first choice ala Ben Johnson. I have never seen Shane Waldron name for head coach but what he has done with Geno Smith and the rest of Seattle offense the last two years has been incredible.
If you don’t swing for home runs all you will ever get in singles. I get why you say we would not be considered by Ben Johnson but if we clean house and give a new prospect some control you never know. The history we have with SP may very well be what gets us a Ben Johnson. We are still looked at as a good franchise, although one that needs direction. We have a core a really good players to work with. Forget the cap issues, they will work out one way or the other but telling a guy like Ben we will support you for 3-5 years while we right the ship may work as long as you right the ship.

LOL you think you can tell if a guy will be a good HC by 1 PC??? SMH. You ever watch a Mike McDaniel PC?? You probably would not have hired HIM based on his PC's . Waldron has done wonders with Geno Smith, Did you watch the Dallas game? He called a great game kept them in it until the refs took over and gave Dallas the game
I loved Mike McDaniel as a head coach prospect. And yes, I can get an idea of how the guy would operate based on listening to him speak. Ever interview anybody?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom