Sharper hands Drew the ball (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that Sharper handed Drew the ball after the game winning TD? Then I saw Drew warming up a bit before sitting down. Was he telling him to stay loose?

I don't think so. It appeared to me he was saying, "Throw me some heaters so I can practice catching the ball." since Sharper knew that the Bengals were gonna have to throw to win the game.

I saw that, saw Drew started to throw.

I almost wonder if Sharper was asking Drew to throw him a few so he could warm up a bit to try and get a pick on that final Bengals drive.

I don't think so. It appeared to me he was saying, "Throw me some heaters so I can practice catching the ball." since Sharper knew that the Bengals were gonna have to throw to win the game.

This. I thought he asked Drew to throw him some to get hands warmed up so he can be ready when the defense hit the field.

I wondered if he knew Drew had set the record for the most passing yardage in Saints history and was handing Drew the touchdown ball for a keepsake....

I wondered if he knew Drew had set the record for the most passing yardage in Saints history and was handing Drew the touchdown ball for a keepsake....

I sincerely doubt Darren Sharper is on the sideline keeping up with Drew's stat line. Plus, I don't think the conversation went like this, "hey Drew this is the ball you just set the Saints all time passing yardage record with! You mind throw me a few with it, you know, just so I can say I played catch with you?"

I think its safe to say Sharper wanted to warm up his hands before taking the field against a Bengals team that would have no choice but to throw the ball to get into the endzone. It's the type of move you'd expect from a Hall of Fame Safety who prides himself on taking the ball away.

I think he handed him the ball from the game-winning TD pass - souvenir purposes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom