Shaun Alexander (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What do yall think about us trying to get Shaun Alexander if Seattle cuts him by June 1st. I think he would be a perfect fit if Deuce hasn't fully recovered. He is a big back and though I like PT and AS they are too small to carry us for 16 games. Reggie???, well he's Reggie he has his own position and I hope Sean P lets him be that this year. So what do yall think???

Alexander got injured last year and the year before.
Also, is it any coincidence that since Steve Hutchinson left Seattle for Minnesota after the 2005 season. Since, here are the rushing stats for both sides:
Seattle
2005 (with Hutchinson): 2457 rushing yards
2006 (without him): 1923
2007 (without him): 1619

Minnesota
2005 (without Hutchinson): 1467rushing yards
2006 (with him): 1820
2007 (with him and AD): 2634

JMO but Sean Alexander got a lot of credit for Steve Hutchinson's dirty work.

Yes, by all means. We need more running backs.

I'm not seeing that burst to the hole and tackle breaking ability from him. It's starting to look bad for him. I'd prefer to give Deuce this season to get healthy, as a hobbled Deuce = SA.

Great guy. Productive back. Has taken alot of hits.

I'm not seeing that burst to the hole and tackle breaking ability from him. It's starting to look bad for him. I'd prefer to give Deuce this season to get healthy, as a hobbled Deuce = SA.

Did anyone watch this guy run last year? I would rather have any running back on our current roster carrying the ball than Alexander at this point in his career.

I think in our offense with all of the options he wont be counted on to carry the load like in Seattle. With him in the backfield teams would have to account for him. That would open up the field for everyone else. Now this is all predicated that Deuce wouldn't be ready to go for the whole season. Even if Deuce is ready to go, if SA comes at the right price it would be a great pick up, at least I think.

He will be cut before June 1. We(only because I live here) just signed Julius Jones and TJ Duckett, so Alexander will be available IMO. We(Saints) don't want him, yes most of his production was thanks to Hutch and Walt Jones. He is already 30 YO and starting slow due to injuries. He is very much a "me" guy. He had the audacity to say that Holmgren stabbed him in the back because he lost the rushing title by 1 yd in 2004. He was willing to give his O line some credit in 05 but took most of it for himself in his MVP year. He has blamed his injuries the last 2 yrs on poor O line. If shaun doesn't get what he wants at all times, he get very moopy and goes off and pouts. I say stick with who we have and try and polish them into great players instead of trying to take in a retread.:9:

Gotta stick with Deuce over Alexander. He deserves a chance to come back. He is a solid player and person both on and off the field. I hope he is still around after March 15th. Loomis seemed to hint that way on the Sirius- Schein-Wilcots interview the other day, stating he is coming along well in rehab and that he should be ready by mini camp.

Hell NO! Shaun Alexander is so over rated Reggie is stronger than him I don't want that guy nowhere near this team. As long as he's on the opposite team in the back field I'm happy because that means no rushing yards for that team.

Yes, we need to pick up Alexander then draft Rashard Mendenhall. You can never have too many good backs. So what if we end up with a $200 million backfield?

Let's Give Him An Opporunity To Unseat Stecker. A Half Healthy Alexander Is Worth Two Steckers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom