Shout out to Blake Grupe (1 Viewer)

Grupe did everything asked of him in Week 1. Going 4 for 4 on FG attempts and 5 for 5 on PATs is a perfect day at the office. He scored a total of 17 points

S.F. 49ers Kicker Jake Moody was 6 out of 6 in tonights MNF game. He also made both of his 2 extra point attempts. He scored a total of 20 points.

Arizona Cardinal Dee Jay Dallas became the 1st player in NFL to return a Kickoff for a Touchdown under the new kickoff rules. It was a 96 Yard TD. He returned 3 kickoffs for a total of 123 yards and the touchdown.

Grupe may be included in the voting process, but he won't be named NFC Player of The Week.

It was a fantastic start for Grupe. He tied his career long distance of a made FG of 57 yards. His 4 FGs made include 2 over 50 yards.

Dating back to his Rookie season last year, Grupe has made his last 10 FGs and is perfect on career PATs with 45.

Talking about kicking, how long will it take the ones that wanted Lou Hedley gone to turn on Matthew Hayball? Most wanted Hedley gone because of a bad net avg. Hayball punted twice for a 36.5 net. I guess he will be the next one drawing the ire of fans.
One punt landed out of bounds inside the 20, the other one hung in the air so long that JT Gray mistimed its fielding and interfered with the returner.

And the score was 47-10 before he saw any action.

One punt landed out of bounds inside the 20, the other one hung in the air so long that JT Gray mistimed its fielding and interfered with the returner.

And the score was 47-10 before he saw any action.
Oh I get it. I think he did fine. Just throwing it out there to the ones who complained about Hedley last year. I believe overall Hayball is a better punter than Hedley.

24?

The Steelers only scored 18 total points in the game.

Their kicker, Chris Boswell scored all of their points, making 6 FGs for a total of 18 points.

21?

Grupe was 4 out of 4 on FG attempts, scoring 12 points. The Saints scored 5 TDs. Grupe made all PAT attempts. 12+5=17. Grupe scored 17 points today.
I literally wrote those numbers down while reading the NFL Redzone ticker at the bottom of the screen. I guess I'm going to have to do my own math in the future because the NFL intern running those stats didn't get it right.
But I don't play Fantasy Football. Could that have been fantasy points perhaps? :unsure:

I literally wrote those numbers down while reading the NFL Redzone ticker at the bottom of the screen. I guess I'm going to have to do my own math in the future because the NFL intern running those stats didn't get it right.
But I don't play Fantasy Football. Could that have been fantasy points perhaps? :unsure:
Yes, fantasy points. They get bonus points for length of FGs

I'll admit I had wanted to keep Charlie over Grupe

I'm glad to be wrong, he was money and that 57 yarder looked like it would have been good from at least 5 yards further out

I'll admit I had wanted to keep Charlie over Grupe

I'm glad to be wrong, he was money and that 57 yarder looked like it would have been good from at least 5 yards further out

Grupe said in an interview last year that his comfort range was up to 62 yards out in distance.

Therefore, by your assessment, he could have made that FG from 62, is correct.

Now, he didn't say he couldn't kick it further, but his comment was more about him being confident that he is able to make it from 62 yards or less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom