Poll Show of hands: Do you think Dennis Allen is the best man for the job in 2024? (1 Viewer)

Do you think DA should be the HC for 2024

• Yes

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 251 90.6%
  • TACOES

Votes: 17 6.1%

• Total voters

TenTwo

local shortstop
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints brass is in the bunker examining all the possible changes that need to take place. The expectation is we won't hear anything definitive until next week. Rumor has it that DA will return to be the head coach for 2024. There are also rumors about a fractured lockerroom and a soon to be mass exodus of high profile players. Most here watched the team, the post game press conferences, followed training camp, watched the draft, etc. etc.

At this time, do you think it is in the Saints best interest to keep Dennis Allen as head coach for another year?

If we do keep Dennis Allen, what do you think our record might be? Do you think the team will improve (as they certainly did improve in certain statistical aspects, including W/L percentage) or do you feel like it will be a throw away year and you will set your expectations low?

Even if you don't respond, I encourage you to vote in the pole. Results are anonymous.

Last edited:
Losing probably fractures locker rooms more than coaching does, although bad coaching will lead to losing.

Look at this speech being delivered by Mike McDaniel, does it look like anyone cares about a word he is saying? Does it look like they are “having fun” as their culture has been described all season? And they are in the playoffs. It was fun until they started losing, and they “imposed their will” on defenses until defensive lines started getting to Tua.

All the talk about culture and identity ignores that only winning teams tend to have them. Teams with better talent tend to win, if your QB can’t get off the ground and you can’t get their QB on the ground it’s going to be a long day for any coach.

Will a new coach fix everything? My take is no. Will I cry if DA gets fired tomorrow? Also no.

I just don’t believe we’re a coach away from a 12-13 win team until we fix the talent deficiencies we have on both fronts.

I do believe there are actual valid arguments for going in either direction, but my stance is this:

I believe that, while he is a good X's & O's DC, he is the wrong man for the job. He comes across as someone who lacks respect for those below him in an organizational structure (but kisses up, tells the boss what they want to hear), talks down to people, externalizes blame, plays favorites, and maybe worst of all, lacks true self confidence you need for the position.

I think the Saints need to cut ties today and start working on a new plan to bring in some fresh minds with new ideas and positivity to create the culture the Saints should be after. There is too much toxicity surrounding Airline Drive. Reset now while you have some strong pieces to work with and start looking at ways to compete in 2024...while also building a brand new culture, one that folks want to come to work everyday and give their best.

I do not believe he is the best man for this job. If he is here I expect another average season. I will support the Saints and I will watch.

This poll should be public.

I intentionally kept it private in anticipation that there may be folks on either side that do not feel comfortable expressing their opinion, but would like to have their number counted in this forum. I wouldn't want to create a situation where 20 people are tagging/PMing the one person who voted for DA to stay in an effort to dox them as DA's family member or whatever.

He's far from the best HC for the job. He wasn't even a top 5 candidate for me when he was hired. He has 2 losses per win over his HC career and he's clearly not a good leader. I'm just flabbergasted that the Saints front office can't see that.

I'll still be a fan, but none of my money will go to them until a change is made.

Losing probably fractures locker rooms more than coaching does, although bad coaching will lead to losing.

Look at this speech being delivered by Mike McDaniel, does it look like anyone cares about a word he is saying? Does it look like they are “having fun” as their culture has been described all season? And they are in the playoffs. It was fun until they started losing, and they “imposed their will” on defenses until defensive lines started getting to Tua.

All the talk about culture and identity ignores that only winning teams tend to have them. Teams with better talent tend to win, if your QB can’t get off the ground and you can’t get their QB on the ground it’s going to be a long day for any coach.

Will a new coach fix everything? My take is no. Will I cry if DA gets fired tomorrow? Also no.

I just don’t believe we’re a coach away from a 12-13 win team until we fix the talent deficiencies we have on both fronts.
This should be the canned answer to all of these threads.

Well written.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom