Pelicans not expected to extend Ingram; signs point to prioritizing Trey Murphy III as their wing of the future (1 Viewer)

You either come into the league with a handle and shot creation or you don't. Not something you develop post 23 years old. Especially not to the level that is BI replaceable.

Also, have never heard of Evan Sidery as a reliable source to anything.
We aren't asking that. We want him to have dribble penetration off an entry/outlet passes.

You give them 5 1st round picks over adding Herb.

He's a championship piece

Who also needs to put up more than just 10 points a night as your starting shooting guard

In my opinion.

When you only put up 80 points in a playoff game, no amount of good defense you have in your players is going to win you a championship with that offense

Remember, when you’re better on offense, your defense also plays better. Jake from Locked on Pelicans even said it

-

I don’t hate Herb Jones as a player, but it is absolutely crazy to me that anyone would pick Herb over Devin Booker IF they had a choice.

Who also needs to put up more than just 10 points a night as your starting shooting guard

In my opinion.

When you only put up 80 points in a playoff game, no amount of good defense you have in your players is going to win you a championship with that offense

Remember, when you’re better on offense, your defense also plays better. Jake from Locked on Pelicans even said it

-

I don’t hate Herb Jones as a player, but it is absolutely crazy to me that anyone would pick Herb over Devin Booker IF they had a choice.
It really depends on roster construction. If you depend on Herb for scoring in the playoffs. You're in a very bad spot.

When the rest of the league value him more than Ingram. It's a sign.

The trade I keep hearing the most about is with the Pels and ATL.... Something like - Ingram, Dyson, Nance, and two 1st rounders and a second rounder - For Trae Young and Onyeka Okongwu... Which I actually like and makes sense from a team makeup standpoint. Also everyone assumes that ATL will break up Young and Muarry this offseason... So I could see Muarry coming this way instead of Young and less picks going back too...

The trade I keep hearing the most about is with the Pels and ATL.... Something like - Ingram, Dyson, Nance, and two 1st rounders and a second rounder - For Trae Young and Onyeka Okongwu... Which I actually like and makes sense from a team makeup standpoint. Also everyone assumes that ATL will break up Young and Muarry this offseason... So I could see Muarry coming this way instead of Young and less picks going back too...
I think you'll get Murray and take on Clint contract for Ingram and Larry Nance plus maybe one pick. Griff doesn't care for Young's game and his character. Young been described as a locker room cancer

ATL will easily move Ingram and Larry at the deadline.

We are stuck with Clint as our 5 for the year.

I'm pretty annoyed with Utah and their stance with Lauri. Building around Lauri for maybe a 3 year window eventually? That sheet seems bleak. Should move him and build through the draft like OKC.

I think you'll get Murray and take on Clint contract for Ingram and Larry Nance plus maybe one pick. Griff doesn't care for Young's game and his character. Young been described as a locker room cancer

ATL will easily move Ingram and Larry at the deadline.

We are stuck with Clint as our 5 for the year.

I'm pretty annoyed with Utah and their stance with Lauri. Building around Lauri for maybe a 3 year window? That sheet seems bleak. Should move him

Like I said I could see that too... And that would be fine with me too.... I have no idea what Young is like off the court... I know on the court he can shoot the lights out, handle the ball, run the offense, kill in the pick and roll (think about him running that with Z) - and create spaced shots for CJ, Trey, and Herb... I also think that "locker room cancers" sometimes have to do more with the locker room.... than the player.

Also, this team needs a big time shot maker with ice for blood and clutch in his pants that doesn't disappear when the game is one the line or loses their ISH when a double comes at him... Young provides that.

Last edited:
Like I said I could see that too... And that would be fine with me too.... I have no idea what Young is like off the court... I know on the court he can shoot the lights out, handle the ball, run the offense, kill in the pick and roll (think about him running that with Z) - and create spaced shots for CJ, Trey, and Herb... I also think that "locker room cancers" sometimes have to do more with the locker room.... than the player.
Murray
Herb
Zion
Trey ( or Lauri)
Clint

Get a $30 million in trade exception for CJ. Try to keep Dyson and Jordan.

Draft Kel'El Ware. Positive future.

Feels like a 5th seed at best, but that's a championship direction if we just keep building and not get complacent like we did for no good reasons.

Murray
Herb
Zion
Trey ( or Lauri)
Clint

Get a $30 million in trade exception for CJ. Try to keep Dyson and Jordan.

Draft Kel'El Ware. Positive future.

Feels like a 5th seed at best, but that's a championship direction if we just keep building and not get complacent like we did for no good reasons.

Like I said - Fine with me.... I just think it's more likely that ATL will want to move Young over Murray.... and Okongwu over Clint. Trey will be retained and given a raise. And as much as I like LM... that dream is dead... You can stop already... LOL Utah made that bed and is going to sleep in it.

I don't see Dyson, Nance, JV, or Ingram being back next year.... That means we need a 5 (Okongwu).... a PG (Young).... and a wing (Trey) in the starting lineup.

Young
Trey
Herb
Zion
Okongwu

CJ can win 6 man of the year

Like I said - Fine with me.... I just think it's more likely that ATL will want to move Young over Murray.... and Okongwu over Clint. Trey will be retained and given a raise. And as much as I like LM... that dream is dead... You can stop already... LOL Utah made that bed and is going to sleep in it.

I don't see Dyson, Nance, JV, or Ingram being back next year.... That means we need a 5 (Okongwu).... a PG (Young).... and a wing (Trey) in the starting lineup.

Young
Trey
Herb
Zion
Okongwu

CJ can win 6 man of the year
I think they are moving both. Pelicans aren't going to pay the tax. So, I really don't see CJ staying past the Deadline.

I’m old enough to remember when the Hornets or Pels couldn’t field a legit wing to save their lives.

I’m not an advocate for bringing back BI, but I’m extremely excited about Trey at that wing spot, and the return we should field for BI in a sign and trade.

I’m old enough to remember when the Hornets or Pels couldn’t field a legit wing to save their lives.

I’m not an advocate for bringing back BI, but I’m extremely excited about Trey at that wing spot, and the return we should field for BI in a sign and trade.
If you can keep Trey in a 6th man role and bring in a PF that can space like a Lauri. Let an In Shape Zion man that Power Wing spot. I think you have a match up nightmare with a true Point Guard and lob catching center that can rim protect.

You can pick and choose how you want to matchup that 2 spot with starting Herb or Trey. I would honestly like to heavy structure Herb to have more late game minutes and Trey with more early game minutes. Crunch lineup should be match up dependent, but you know Willie play favorites with defensive guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom